Ultimate Friday The 13th Thread

TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

Discuss all things Friday the 13th.

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    edited October 2017

Jason is and will always be my top slasher and Kane Hodder is my favorite Jason. I also met Kane which just helped solidify him as my favorite.

Here is my ranking of F13 movies: (this is my favorites not overall best)

1. Final Chapter
    2. Jason Lives
    3. X
    4. 3-D
    5. New Blood
    6. 2
    7. Original
    8. 2009 remake
    9. Freddy vs Jason
    10. Manhattan
    11. New Beginning
    12. Jason Goes to Hell
  • RustyNailFromHellRustyNailFromHell Is between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.

My problem with the franchise is that I like them all about the same. I can't pick a favorite to least favorite. I can easily seat down, and enjoy them all.

I hear ya and I pretty much agree. The only one I have a hard time actually watching part 9 and that's mainly because Jason isn't in it enough. I think Creighton Duke was wasted in the movie and could have been an awesome foe to Jason like Tommy was.

@justgrimey 4 was the first Jason I saw and just fell in love with it and Jason. That scene was great!

• I kinda wish I owned the Blu Boxset, I get random cravings for these films. They will prob throw another out when they finally get round to a new movie.

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One

In order by my favorites:
    1. F13 (1980)
    2. Part 2
    3. F13 (2009)
    4. The Final Chapter
    5. Jason Lives
    6. Part 3
    7. The New Blood
    8. Freddy vs. Jason
    9. A New Beginning
    10. Jason X
    11. Jason Takes Manhattan
    12. Jason Goes to Hell

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane

So you gon' just leave out Jason X from the original post on purpose like it isn't the masterpiece that it is?

Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • edited October 2017

Big fan of this franchise. I'd say the first 6 movies are solid slasher fare, with the first 4 being quintessential Friday movies. Sadly, once New Line Cinema took over, these films have slid into awfulness, and that includes the remake.

My ranking

Part 4
    Part 3
    Part 2
    Part 6
    Part 1
    Part 5
    Part 7
    Part 8
    Remake
    X and Hell (tied. Both are pretty shitty)

@Cryptus I didn’t notice it didn’t upload properly till after the ridiculous 1 hour edit was over.
  • X has risen from the ashes as the There Will Be Blood of the Friday franchise.

• I'm struggling to think of a list but Part 6 has always been a favourite since I first saw it (it's camp as hell but great fun, and also I think the first time the kids have actually got to the camp before Jason starts bumping the counselors off??) Most people I know dislike Part 8 but I really enjoy that one too.

TBH, there's not one F13 that I don't like.. maybe with the exception of part 9, for the same reason as mentioned above - not enough Jason! ;)

• 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 are the best. The crossover Freddy vs. Jason was also good. This is my ranking -

12. Jason Takes Manhattan - Awful
    11. A New Beginning - Bad
    10. Jason X - Bad, but self aware
    9. Friday the 13th (2009) - Mediocre reboot from people who don't understand the franchise
    8. Jason Goes to Hell - Not as bad as its reputation
    7. Freddy vs. Jason - Good, besides the soap opera teen drama
    6. Part III - Good
    5. The New Blood - Good
    4. Friday the 13th (1980) - Great
    3. Part 2 - Great
    2. The Final Chapter - Great
    1. Jason Lives - Great
  • edited October 2017
    @gunsrazorsknive
    Good assessment, though I would personally replace <em>Part V</em> (which I didn't think was good) with Part VII.

@Mayday Mega-City One
    The reboot at #3, and ahead of both Jason Lives and The Final Chapter? Odd choice.

@TexasSnacks
    Don't put yourself down! I thought that list was actually pretty good. I can see where you are coming from with that ranking. Even Jason X was somewhat self-aware and it got Jason right (including the kills), so I can see why some people would enjoy it.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    @darkknight2149 I enjoyed the reboot a lot. I know a lot of purists aren't fond of it, but I found little to complain about it.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Director of Jason Goes to Hell says Jason is a deadite. any thoughts? i personal like the idea, although it does necessarily fit the canon( if there is canon).
  • Jason is not a deadite in any film other than JTGH. It's Marcus's personal theory and even he admits it's not kosher with most fan's canon. I've spoken with both Tom McGloughlin and John Carl Buelcher about origin ideas and they have theories of their own as well.
  • WillowfangWillowfang SoCal
    edited November 2017
    I think of him as more of a Hunting Horror as per Cthulhu Mythos. Another name for that is a revenant. Remember, he was at the bottom of the lake til the end of the 1st movie, and we have the altar in 2 was it, and then in 9, we see a crate that could be from the Mountains of Madness, The Dagger from Willow, and the Necronomicon, he's always been supernatural really

It was the cow...

• Jason Lives
    The Final Chapter
    Friday the 13th Part 2
    Friday the 13th (1980)
    Friday the 13th Part 3D
    A New Beginning
    The New Blood
    Jason Takes Manhattan
    Jason X
    Freddy vs. Jason
    Jason Goes to Hell
    Friday the 13th (2009)

Favorite Kill: Mark Part 2
  • @damnenchiladas LA ok thanks for clearing that up. revenant does make more sense. Jason Goes To Hell was a bit of a mess plotwise anyway. This is coming from someone who enjoys that movie too.