Shane Black's The Predator

I'm not exactly sure how to feel about this. :/

Fuck! I hope he knocks this out of the fuckin park.

What are your thoughts on The Predator?

Comments

• RustyNailFromHellRustyNailFromHell Is between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.

I'll just be happy to see the Predator back on the screen again, and it's a solid movie.

• I'm pretty excited for this, but the inclusion of the child in the cast has me slightly worried. Considering how talented Shane Black is, hopefully, it works out OK.

• CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane

Every Predator so far has been badass. This one should be hard to fuck up. I like what I've seen from Black so far, and it's fitting that he's returning to the franchise he starred in. That said, it'll just be sadder than hell if he's the one to make a dud.

Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • @Cryptus I highly doubt it'll be a dud. Black knows how to write and direct, and he's assembled a pretty good cast here. That child though is my only concern.

• Why's everyone so concerned about a child in the cast?

• Guilty Remnant •
  • Dumb kid moments

Save the kid moments

Kid is pretty much protected, negates a lot of the stakes

It's a Shane Black movie. He's gonna attempt to be funny

Not a big concern, but I'll take no kids over kids 99% of the time

• Yeah, the kid will prolly have plot armor

It was the cow...

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

The kid is Jim Donner and the Predator has been sent back in time to kill him before he rises up to defeat the Predators in the future...

• Seems legit...

It was the cow...

• I really loved Antal's PREDATORS. It's a shame he never made a sequel... (casting Topher Grace was a sin IMO BTW).

Loved Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Black impressed me with how he handled Iron Man 3. Reflecting.. I have a hard time believing Shane can fuck this up.

• looking forward to rthis. Loved Predators.
  • This sounds really good. I trust in Black and Dekker to make an awesome Predator sequel.
  • I watched The Nice Guys again and I put my full faith in this now.
  • Hold up...

"Rory (Jacob Tremblay), the son of a special forces soldier, open a box and discover a piece of technology belonging to the Predators. Thrilled by how cool it is, he plays with it like a toy spaceship, not knowing that he’s remotely piloting an actual ship full of Predators to a crash landing on Earth.”

I never had a problem with the kid being in this before, but idk this just sounds dumb to me.

Whatever... I still have faith.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • It is dumb but it's Black so that comes with the territory
  • This better be set at Christmas time, that's all I'm saying.
  • That would violate the lore tho, in the 1st and 2nd, it was said they always came when it's hot

Guess you could still doing it during a heat wave, or south of the equator, but no snow then

It was the cow...

• Jfc who cares if it's set in the winter, summer, in a fucking desert... so long as it's good.

This is exactly what I was talking about in the Halloween thread, nerds getting hung up over minutiae prohibiting these franchises from ever evolving.

Fucking "lore"
    • Guilty Remnant •