Off-Topic Thread December 2017: Silent Night, Evil Night Edition

Comments

• @TexasSnacks I can't tell you how many times I've seen the same exact thing here in NE Ohio.
  • edited December 2017
    It is nice that Marvel will have their characters back. The annoying part is that it will likely mean more reboots.

I didn't hate what Fox was doing with them. The only really bad one was Fantastic Four. At least they can now use the word "mutant" in the MCU. I just don't want to see a new cast and a new backstory involving them.

We also need Doctor Doom with the Infinity Gauntlet or at least as a main villain for other Marvel movies. It can happen now.
  • edited December 2017
    I just hope they get Ridley Scott off Alien. The guy has practically said he wants the next movie to be more about Androids than Aliens.

I just can't fathom how stupid that is, you already have a Android Franchise! HOLY SHIT, WE DON'T NEED SOME BLADE RUNNER CROSS OVER!
  • Keech! ke3ch!...

~God of the fly.. release your seed of filth, to grow and conquer, on death, on myself..~
  • WillowfangWillowfang SoCal
    edited December 2017

It was the cow...

• My friends apartment block caught fire the other day and they have terminated all the tenencies because of the damage. All they have offered is a hotel until Jan 4th, what a joke! And right at Christmas!
  • Unbelievable. :/ Do they have family/friends with available space to put them up for a while? Does the UK Red Cross offer any assistance with that sort of thing or only for those who were actually burned out?
  • nancenance maryland
    hey y'all, finally made it over here, had to change a few things, but rest assured, nancy still lives. that totally sucks, kroovy. those landlords deserve some serious comeuppance.

called in sick today, a rarity, but i figured with xmas right around the corner and so much to do, i needed to recuperate on their time, not mine. slept in, and plan to have my annual silent night, deadly night viewing and wrap presents once my wife goes to work. i absolutely would not watch that movie if she was in the house.

anyway, i've missed y'all. life, as i;m sure it has been for all of us, has been crazy, but it's good to be back. i think i can get used to this...
  • Welcome to the dark side, nance!
  • The downside of working in retail around Christmas time? Hearing Z-list Christmas songs all day. What kid wants a fucking hippopotamus for Christmas?

The upside? Seeing my super hot, busty, short coworker dress up in a tight-fitting elf costume every year.
  • Hungover as fuck. By the time I went to bed I felt like an old man, freezing and everything hurt. Apparently not a good enough excuse for my boss so here I am

Just dyin
  • Was just listening to Father Christmas by The Kinks, would be funny to have a Santa “business” page you could go to to post real or even made up bad experience reviews

It was the cow...

• @nance Yay Nance! Welcome back! Silent Night, Deadly Night is yearly viewing for me as well!

@gwally He's gonna be ok and he's got people to stay with should it come to that. I advised him to contact a solicitor and a housing Bureau as that Jan 4th deadline is just ridiculous and I'm sure can't stand.
  • @Midnight-Kroovy I'm glad to hear he has help. There is no good time to lose your housing, but this time of year would make it that much more difficult. When our kids were younger they would ask us, "what if" scenarios and we always told them that we wouldn't have a problem finding shelter, but we've never had a "plan." It's easy to check into a hotel for a few nights, crash with family or friends, but actually going through the process??? Insurance, rebuild/relocate, food, clothing, keeping a larger family together not to mention the trauma.
    There are many levels and causes behind the term "less fortunate" and no one ever suspects it could happen to them. I, for one, take a LOT of things for granted.
  • I'm trying to get my girlfriend to watch Black Christmas as a new tradition as we've done it the last few years but she is really complaining that it takes her out of the Christmas spirit.
  • I used to watch Black Christmas every year, sometimes even on Christmas Eve. I skipped it the last two years because I figured the one subplot might bum me out, but enough time's passed and I think I'm ready to watch it again. Maybe this weekend.
  • I got Mother! from Rebox tonight and am watching it right now. It's been awhile since I've been this uncomfortable watching a movie. Who the FUCK are all these people?
  • How was that last half hour Puf?
  • Fucking insane. I loved it. Already bought my own copy.
  • Not a fan of the movie overall but yeah that was dope af
This discussion has been closed.