Dark (Netflix)

MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
DOP9qByVoAE8eVR.jpg

"A family saga with a supernatural twist, set in a German town, where the disappearance of two young children exposes the relationships among four families. "

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

Comments

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    I'm currently on E4. In a lot of ways, this is Germany's "Stranger Things", although with a lot more side drama. It's a bit confusing at first, but really by the end of E2 the story really begins to click. Some of the story is a little hard to follow just because there are a bunch of characters to keep track of, but for the most part it's pretty solid and enjoyable sci-fi/drama. If you like Stranger Things (and seriously, who on these boards doesn't) and have Netflix, I highly recommend it.

• Looks at least a little interesting, I'm catching up on Sherlock right now, I may watch this next

It was the cow...

It's really good. A big portion of the main mystery is revealed early, but it's quite surprising and makes the story as a whole more interesting.

• It's in my instant queue. I might check it out after I finish Fortitude & Stranger Things.
  • Love the poster, will check it out
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Hey, I'm on this board and I don't care for Stranger Things. :)

• gwallygwally Snowhio
    edited December 2017
    I'm really diggin' this series so far. I just finished E7 and plan on watching the rest tomorrow.

(Possible Spoiler)
    I was having a little trouble following the adolescent versions of some of the adult characters, but I think I'm up to speed now.

(E7 Spoiler)
    I was curious about the 33 year "cycle" and if it were indeed a cycle, if there had been a previous occurrence. This is answered near the end of the episode and given that there are only three episodes remaining, I'm doubtful that they'll be able to provide a prior history/timeline. Perhaps in season 2???

l423em2pccch.jpg
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    edited December 2017
    I finished the series a short while ago and I'm hoping that this thing get the greenlight for a second season.

indiewire.com/2017/12/netflix-dark-season-2-creators-interview-1201903697/
    It better get a 2nd season because the fucker ended on a cliffhanger. I still need to find a decent summary though, because some of the timeline stuff is hard to translate.

According to IMDB, Dark has officially received an order for a second season. Woo hoo!