Why Are Some So Nasty On Here?

I am very concerned about the rather nasty comments made by some on this board. I haven't been on here for a while, and yet I have only just started posting a few comments and immediately I have been jumped on with the most objectionable, pathetic remarks. What is wrong with some of you? What IS your problem?
Alan Toner
Horror Writer
www.alantoner.com

Comments

• Wirral WriterWirral Writer Merseyside, UK
    I have some advice for the puerile moaners: keep your bloody toys in your prams, and STOP making snide remarks.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Hello sir, please don't make a thread for every grievance you have. Moaning Minnies and this one are kinda the same. There is no way I can combine them. I'll have to start removing them if they are repetitive.

Relax, its just the internet. : )
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Here's some advice for you.
    - It's not a good idea to suddenly jump on a long existing message board and blow it up with pointless threads about every single idea that crosses your mind. The existing community doesn't appreciate what amounts to SPAM, especially from a newcomer.
    - If you truly want to be an established and successful writer, get off your high horse now. As Wonderlust pointed out this is the Internet. If you haven't figure it out by now, people will unabashedly negatively comment on things or comments they don't like. If you can't take criticism and negativity, you're trying to enter the wrong field. I'd hate to see how you react to someone giving one of your publications a 1 star review on Amazon.
    - Acting all butthurt and childish like you have is extremely unprofessional. Considering you want to become a novelist and are shamelessly advertising your own website here, you're really headed down the wrong path.

That's not snark, that's just unsugarcoated facts of life.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

So just WHAT should I write about then, and how often? I won't moan anymore, but I need to know exactly where I stand in regard to posting rules.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
  • AtmosphereAtmosphere England
    edited May 2018
    Dude...

Just a few simple things that Mayday already sorta highlighted. Rather than cluttering the boards with thread after thread, try engaging in some of the existing ones or just be sure there's actually a purpose for any thread you create, like a new or old release, something that has longevity beyond a couple of replies on the board that inspires discussion. I think the issue some people had with some of your previous ones was that they felt more just like thoughts that popped into your head rather than starting points for discussion/debate. This isn't a personal blog remember, it's a community of grouchy movie nuts.

I do think you need to chill a little bit too. Maybe give back some banter if people try to fuck with you rather than blowing up. And I'm not saying this to be a dick, I'm just genuinely telling you why I think you made a dud of a first impression. Fortunately for you, the folks here are either forgetful or pretty forgiving, so you can turn it around.
    • Guilty Remnant •
    OK, cheers. I will try not to come across the wrong way, but when you are as big a horror fan as I am, sometimes you are brimming with just LOADS of ideas to broach that sometimes you might come out with something that may not be always greeted warmly if the forum you are posting on happens to have strict rules on topics. Anyway, thank you for putting me in the picture.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com