2018 Summer Flash Draft: B-D Member Clue -- Discussion Thread

gwallygwally Snowhio
edited July 2018 in Forum Games
4ubbc7irz5mh.jpg

2018 Summer Flash Draft: B-D Member Clue

The Rules:

--If you would like to participate, send me a PM and I will add you to the list.
--READ the rules!
--Sign-ups will be open until Sunday, July 8 @ 11:00PM EST. There will be no add-ons once the first round has been completed.
--You must have participated in a previous B-D draft.
--We will be utilizing a snake draft that goes from top to bottom, bottom to top, etc. with the people at each end drafting twice.
--Players will draft 6 B-D Members.
--Participants will have 10 hours to make their selections.
--If a participant misses a draft pick they may make the pick up at the end of the draft.
--A second missed pick will result in automatic removal and any picks will be dead.
--Leave your picks with someone if you know you won’t be available to post.
--First Round match-ups will be posted once all picks have been made and will remain open for 48 hours. Length of voting time will be adjusted accordingly for additional matches. PLEASE VOTE.
--Drafting will start Monday, July 9 @ 12:00PM EST.
--NO NAMEDROPPING

WHO?
Any current or former B-D member may be used, but each username can only be drafted once. You must use the actual username. Pet names, abbreviation and acronyms will be disqualified. If you think someone has misspelled a username you can steal it. IF YOU’RE NOT SURE, PM ME.

WHAT?
Weapons may be any inanimate object (one per pick) used in any horror movie scene. Unlike usernames, weapons may be used multiple times.

WHERE?
For rooms of the mansion you may use any horror movie location. Be as specific as possible. Locations may be used multiple times.

SCORING
This is essentially a Character Draft, but locations and weapons should also be considered in your scoring.

Please post your picks using the following format: B-D Suspect – Location – Weapon

EXAMPLE: Cryptus did it in Bob’s van with a coat hanger.

Draft Order:
TexasSnacks
gwally
H.P. Pufncraft
nance
_Blakelock_

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Aww man I thought we were going to be able to kill other members off!!! I have to start a new list...
  • Inanimate objects only? So if someone picked me I can't use a midget as a weapon?
  • How do you figure out what’s in the little envelope to match?

It was the cow...

• gwallygwally Snowhio
    This was originally going to be a Horror Movie Character Clue, but with all the talk on the OTT this morning about past members I decided to change it up a little.

If you would prefer that the "suspects" be victims, I can do that.

Weapons are inanimate objects. The suspect (or victim) cannot kill (or be killed) by what is essentially another character/member/suspect... Cryptus cannot kill someone using Cujo, Michael Myers or a midget.

This is loosely based on the game Clue. There will be no pre-loaded envelope. That would require confirmation at the end of each round, slowing the draft and potentially ending the draft before everyone can pick 6 members. This is basically a Character Draft using B-D members, weapons and locations. Which former/current B-D Member did it, Where and with what Weapon.
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    Oxley is probably the closest youre going to get to a midget.
  • I'm in. I'm not sure yet if I'll be doing victims or killers or a mix of both. Expect my list to have some bizarre horror movie weapons though.
  • nancenance maryland
    i would like to participate!
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    I am adding players in the order in which they contacted me. This is just so I can keep try. I will post the actual draft order Sunday night.
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    Drafting will begin at Noon EST, Monday, July 9 -- that's today.

Drafting Order:
    1. TexasSnacks
    2. gwally
    3. H.P. Pufncraft
    4. nance
    5. _Blakelock_
  • So we'd be voting on funny guesses really?

It was the cow...

• gwallygwally Snowhio
    "This is essentially a Character Draft, but locations and weapons should also be considered in your scoring."

Not everyone's pick may necessarily be humorous.
    Not everyone's scoring will be based on the same criteria.

I will be basing my scores on the B-D member (0-4pnts), Location (0-3pnts) and Weapon (0-3pnts).
    If I don't know the member the score will be zero. The other two scores will be based primarily on creativity, but I will consider other factors. If I don't recognize location/weapon, the score will be lower.

To use my own example: Cryptus did it in Bob’s van with a coat hanger.

Cryptus - 2
    Bob's Van - 2
    Coat Hanger - 1 . . . cutsie theme - 2

TOTAL: 7

YOU DO NOT NEED TO BREAK YOUR SCORING DOWN. THIS WAS MERELY AN EXAMPLE.
    I jumped the gun. I just couldn't wait to get that out of my system once I saw I was first.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4145131
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    I imagine all your dates have had similar outcomes. :o

I will be posting soon. My cheat sheet is on a different computer.
    As long as I leave happy.

• gwallygwally Snowhio
    That's the spirit!

Pick is in.
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    Brilliant!!!
  • Ha I'm glad someone got the reference(s).
  • edited July 2018
    nance missed his pick. Looks like Blakelock has till 8:19 am tomorrow to make his pick.
This discussion has been closed.