Rob Zombie's 3 from Hell

Comments

• CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    Rob Zombie films are Carpenter or Hooper films?

Naw. Shit naw man.

You git yer ass kicked sayin somethin like that 'round here.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Who said that?

@Willowfang original Hills is absolutely abysmal, no intention of watching the sequels.

Aja's remake is aces, shoutout to me and Rusted's old avys
  • @Spyjason tell me why
  • @Spyjason Actually he really does have the talent, the problem is he normally tends to half ass things he's like that kid in school who does not believe in himself. Thats why we continue to talk about him, because we actually want him to crack it one day and make a movie that surprises us, he almost did it with 31.
  • Mr_CottonMr_Cotton I am in Hell. Help me.
    Rob Zombie is a talented director, but a shitty screenwriter. I'd like to see him direct another writer's good script, as it could rejuvenate his sagging filmmaking career.

"It's Frank. It's Uncle Frank. You remember. Come to Daddy."
  • edited July 2018
    @FormaldehideNSeek huh? These movies are 100% assured in themselves and mostly his vision, if undercut by recent budget constraints. I'm not sure what any sort of confidence or motivation issues we can speak on as fans.
  • @Se7en Yes he does things his way but the movies can be changed up a little. Drop the redneck carny characters, please for the love of god fix the dialog cause the whole back and fourth "fuck you" "no fuck you" between otis and baby aswell as over characters became tiresome with rejects. and finally Lose Sherri Moon she is an insufferable actress. I know she has to be in this next project its kinda the point but next project maybe leave the wife at home.
  • @FormaldehideNSeek so because you have criticisms of his work, he's the equivalent of the kid in school who doesn't believe in himself and half asses it

Alright
  • @Se7en are you telling me you are not tired of all the zombieisms? you would happily see countless movies where all the characters are the same and who drop FUCK like tomorrow wont be coming? I don't believe that for one second.

He has the chops to do better, the thing is he just wont put that into effect.
  • That's not the issue, the issue is you psychoanalyzing a film director because you don't like things in his movies.

This guy has made four great films and one really good one. He can put Sheri in his movies and be as dirty as he wants so long as it works.

These movies wouldn't be the way they are if he didn't want them to be that way. He can be better, he just won't put that in effect?

I'm done here. This isn't how things work.
  • All im saying is that most of us want to really like him but he just keeps putting in all the same old shit in his movies it's getting boring and it's almost like he's happy being a hack. dude when you have potential fucking use it.
  • @FormaldehideNSeek you don't think he maybe thinks his personal works are good?

Crazy thought, I know.
  • Mate don't talk so fucking wet, this is what we have been doing on this board for years; complimenting and picking apart directors work. If he had seen any feed back on his work over the last i don't know 15 YEARS he would know he needs to step up a little.
  • You can pick apart his work, just drop the babble about Rob's mental fragility k
  • why you being so hurt over a clearly not literal comparison?
  • What?

I'm dying over here lmao.
  • Nevermind its just Se7en being Se7en woke up on the wrong side of the coffin i guess.
  • I've said it countless times. He can direct and put together a movie. Has a great eye for editing and visuals, but his writing suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. It just does. There's no stepping around how bad a writer he is.

If he really wanted to flex his muscles he needs to direct someone else's screenplay, but he won't. He's happy to keep churning out the stuff he does cause there's a portion of his fanbase that will eat up whatever he puts out.
  • He's pretty much a redneck Kevin smith but with visuals and writing switched haha
  • @Se7en I wouldn't call Hills Abysmal myself, but still pretty in the middle out of 10, I think they're good to watch once for their place in horror history, so classic for that significance

The remakes were pretty decent, but more so for trying something new and having far from standard sets ups

It was the cow...