***UPDATED*** 2018 B-D SONG DRAFT--Discussion Thread

gwallygwally Snowhio
edited July 2018 in Forum Games
2018 B-D SONG DRAFT

aacyfjcswugg.jpg

Welcome to the 1st Annual B-D Song Draft of the New B-D Boards!

Sign-ups will open once the Summer Flash Draft has wrapped.

The Rules:

--If you would like to participate, SEND ME A PM and I will add you to the list.
--Sign-ups will be open until Friday, July 20, @ 11:00PM EST. Missed the deadline? PM me. There will be no add-ons once the first round has been completed.
--Drafting will begin Sunday, July 22 @ noon EST.
--You must have participated/voted in a previous B-D draft.
--We will be utilizing a snake draft that goes from top to bottom, bottom to top, etc. with the people at each end drafting twice.
--Players will draft 14 songs.
--Participants will have 15 hours to make their selections.
--If a participant misses a draft pick they may make the pick up at the end of the draft.
--A second missed pick will result in automatic removal and any picks will be dead.
--Leave your picks with someone if you know you won’t be available to post.
--First Round match-ups will be posted once all picks have been made and will remain open for 48 hours. Length of voting time will be adjusted accordingly for additional matches or for poor voter turn-out.
--PLEASE VOTE.
--Providing a link to your song would be appreciated.
--Please use the ARTIST – SONG format.

EXAMPLE:
Alice Cooper -- Halo of Flies

DRAFT ORDER:

H.P. Pufncraft
Cerraphim
Mayday
Churchy
gwally
TexasSnacks
Nance
Orville Ketchum
Mr_Cotton
Flagg
Wonderlust

Comments

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    giphy.gif

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Sending pm now.
  • Mr_CottonMr_Cotton I am in Hell. Help me.
    I've voted in the two round 1 Flash Draft matches so far, and I'll continue to vote in every one until the draft finishes.

I’m sending my pm now to participate in this draft.
    "It's Frank. It's Uncle Frank. You remember. Come to Daddy."
  • I hope we can get at least 7-8 to participate!
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    Sign-ups will remain open until next Friday, July 20 @ 11:00PM EST

I sent a PM to Flagg. If you know anyone else who would be interested, send them an invitation.

Draft order will be posted Saturday, July 21.
    Please check the list at the top of the page. I think I got everyone who has PM'd me so far. If you don't see your name and you've sent me a PM, let me know.

Drafting will begin Sunday, July 22 @ noon EST.
    Anybody friends elsewhere with Bear Jew? He was always on board for music drafts. (even though all he drafts is loud noise).

• I'll message Jew on FB.
  • I don't feel like PMing. Can you just add me from here?
  • Yeah, always hated the PMing part, even more so when we had to PM two people

I'll join tho

It was the cow...

I think 14 rounds is too long. 10 rounds will keep the draft nice and tight.
    @Mr_Cotton
    monty-python-o.gif
    It's a song draft not a movie draft. We go big around here. If you can't take the heat, stay out of Oxley's basement with the big furnace where he burns the clothes from all his victims.

edited July 2018
    I made a suggestion. I think 10 rounds is just right, but if the majority vote wants 14, then that’s fine. I think it would be a good idea to start with 10 rounds, and then when it’s all done, let's see how we feel about extending the draft. These things can go on for too long, and it zaps the fun out of it, no matter what draft it is.
  • 14 rounds sounds good to me, looking for some rad recommendations. B)
    FFS Cotton, you're a newbie here. We're professionals at this. We've done movie drafts where 20 people pick 12 feature length films and manage to complete the draft, watch lots of movies and vote. These are songs. They're mostly 3-4 minutes long, if that. If you haven't heard a single song on someone's list it will take an hour at most to listen to them all. If you don't like the rules, don't participate.

• Usually we do do 10 as a round number, but for the song draft, the original theme/concept was a mix tape, where you could have 14 songs, and vinyl albums could reach 12-14 songs usually, hence the non-round number

It was the cow...

edited July 2018
    @Mayday. But I’m not a newbie to drafts. I made a suggestion based upon my experiences… on a discussion thread… for a draft. I said if everybody wants 14 rounds, then that’s fine. And that’s that.

@Willowfang. As someone who always used to make mixtapes as a teen, I dig this theme/concept. I just voiced my concerns, because it’s true, more than anything else said in the above posts, that drafts can go on for too long becoming tedious, regardless of whether they’re movie or music based. But let's hope this isn't the case for this draft. As there's not many participants, as long as everybody makes their picks on time, and don't take the full 15 hours to do it, then things should move along smoothly.

I’m looking forward to seeing what people come up with. I hope I get some good recs.
    edited July 2018
    I’ve worked out ten of my picks. I’m going with a theme, but it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out what it is. Anyone else going with a theme?

EDIT: Make that 11 picks.
  • @gwally You can add me and willow to the list. Scroll up and you'll see we were too lazy to PM.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    All fourteen songs chosen.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy. : )

Theme:

Random.

See you Sunday.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    @Mr. Awesome Wtf, PM like the rest of us. : )