Friday the 13th: The Game

TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

This is great. Friday the 13th: Game IRL :lol:

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

I have enjoyed the crap pout of this game. I know a lot of people are unhappy with it but it has instantly become one of my all time favorites. Helps that I'm a huge Jason mark.

I can't wait for what's in store for this game like Offline bots, challenges, maps (New York?Space Station? Fox (counselor), and new Jason's (come on Uber Jason!).

• RustyNailFromHellRustyNailFromHell Is between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.

There's been lots of improvements since I started, but I wish they change it when the host suddenly quits the game it ends to switching the host to another player.

• edited October 2017

I think Friday the 13th: The Game captured the spirit and tone of Friday the 13th better than the reboot or any of the recent media. I hope the next film (New Line gets the rights in 2018) takes notes. If they announce Tom Savini, Harry Manfredini, or Kane Hodder are returning, I'll be hyped.

@RustyNailFromHell yea the host leaving thing sucks during quick play especially when you finally get to be Jason. That's something the need to fix to make that more enjoyable.

I'm glad I found a good group of cool people to play with when I actually have time to play, which is like once a week. This is one of the first games in a long time where I just want to sit around and play all day. Haha.

Chad's is the best around!

• CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane

The host thing is getting fixed eventually with dedicated servers. They've just stated that it's a lot of work to rehaul the system so it's taking time.

Looking forward to the single player challenges myself. They've already dropped hints that they'll be "Hitman" inspired in design. Considering Hitman is one of my all time top game franchises, you can imagine I'm giddy right now.

Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Let me know when this is $20 and shit's fixed

• RustyNailFromHellRustyNailFromHell Is between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.

Can't remember which map it was, but there's a deep hole that you as a counselor can't get out of. Couple of players fell into it, and couldn't get out. I dropped in the hole with them, and killed them both. Then I was stuck for about a minute before it dawned on me that I can morph out of there. :/

I haven't seen or heard of that happening. Was it recent?

edited October 2017

New counselor Fox from part 3 should be available now! WooHoo!

Plus upgrades for Tommy to be more heroic and help save counselors which is what a goo Tommy Jarvis should do! He isn't startled by dead bodies and starts with a health spray and pocket knife.

New environmental kills as well.

Just happened last weekend. Like I said earlier, I don't know which map other than it had the big 2 story house with a car parked in front with couple of cabins on stilts up the road. The hole was out in the woods further up from those cabins on the left side of the road if you're walking from the big 2 story house.

They should have a Last Jason Standing mode where everyone is a Jason and you have to kill all other Jason's.

• Yeah, I fucking love this game.

It easily surpasses Manhunt and the modded uncut version of the (2005) Punisher as the most violent game I've ever played. If this didn't get an AO rating for violence, I don't think any game will.

Shit is BRUTALLLL.
  • This was my idea for a DLC mode from a while back, if anyone's interested.f38f99d491c3ee2f76b85dd3bdef1c742771c778be3630165af1e45b58a0a3f9.jpg
    edited October 2017
    @darkknight2149 seems similar to your idea.

A new Game Mode coming "Paranoia"

Seems like this mode will actually have one of the counselor's as the killer and the other counselors won't know who it is.
    @travisbickle

lol, I think in a post Outlast world this game is pretty safe. Does feel great splitting 12 year old kid counselors, who shouldn't even own the game much less be allowed to play it online, right down the middle with a machete.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
    HOLY SHIT. I DID IT! I finally killed Jason. I've been playing since Launch day. I've got every Jason, every counselor, I've maxed my level and I've gotten every kill. Killing him as Tommy was the one white rabbit to chase, and it finally happened.

FUCK YEAH!
    @Cryptus I have been a part a few Jason kills but being Tommy to actually kill Jason was amazing.
  • I've been looking forward to playing this for ages but I'm disappointed the single player mode isn't out yet! I know it's being made, but I'm not much of an Xbox-Live-Multiplayer kinda gamer so I'd rather wait until single player, and all the other bugs, are fixed.
    I've only been in one session where they killed Jason. Made my escape before they killed him. They were bitching that I shouldn't get awarded for his kill. LoL... The Jason player quit at the beginning of the game, and they were bitching that I didn't do anything to earn the Jason kill. Fuck em! B)