The Netflix Thread

edited November 2018 in Movies and TV
Netflix has really stepped it up with their original content, so thought it would be good to have a thread to share what you've seen and share recommendations.

This year I've watched and recommend-

The Haunting of Hill House
Daredevil Season 3
Evil Genius
Apostle
Hold The Dark
July 22
The Ritual

Keep hearing great things about The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina so will line that up next.

Comments

• Castlevania has been fun, I never played the games tho, so dunno if it's following the games badly or not

It was the cow...

• I've seen that there. Not sure if it's my thing.
  • Apostle and The Ritual are worth seeing, especially Haunting of Hill House.

After that I currently started Sabrina and it seems good so far.
  • THE NIGHT COMES FOR US

Watch it, I made a thread about it and it died. Also, Cary Fukanaga directed a mini-series called Maniac so watch that too.
  • @gunsrazorsknives Castlevania is like 20 minute episodes. Give one a shot, it's gnarly.
  • @Se7en I've heard about The Night Comes For Us. Isn't it supposed to be crazy violent?
  • Yeah, it took what The Raid did and cranked that style up about five notches. Action on the level of or better than the second film with the gore/shock factor you'd expect from Timo. Him and Evans are friends, and this carried on the legacy without being a third official sequel. With Uwais and Taslim it's definitely a successor.
  • Sounds great
  • edited November 2018
    Annihilation
    Apostle
    Hold the Dark
    Mute
    The Ritual

F is for Family
    Trailer Park Boys

Is Making a Murderer Season 2 any good?

Will give The Night Comes for Us a look.

Our Planet Teaser;

• WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    edited November 2018
    Some I liked:

The Endless
    Clinical
    Calibre
    ANON
    Sendero
    Mute
    Shimmer Lake
    Message From The King
    The Lodgers
    The Wailing
    Killing Ground
    Frankenstein Chronicles
    Requiem

I'm gonna start The Outlaw King
  • @Midnight-Kroovy

Making A Murderer is just more bullshit, they give small updates and it's about the process that failed in trying to get Brendan out.

It's good if you want to keep up with the story but nothing really new.
  • Just started Sabrina. Very witchy, very Halloween-y and very occult-y with some really cool, dark imagery.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Not new but recent and mostly having additional seasons coming:
    Mindhunter
    Dark
    Dark Tourist
    The OA
    Fallet
    Shot in the Dark

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Completely forgot about Mindhunter. That was excellent and really looking forward to season 2.

The book it's based on is also great, and the recreations of the serial killers is pretty much word for word.
  • edited November 2018
    Yeah, Mindhunter is awesome. Can't wait for Season 2.

I felt a little duped by how bias Making a Murderer was. The police and investigation are sketchy for sure but since the brother got released it only leaves us with Steve Avery who is much less compelling once you learn what they neglected to mention.
  • In order to do that level of frame job on Avery, the cops would've had to murder the victim themselves. The sick fuck felt he was due a freebie for all that time he was wrongfully incarcerated.
  • @Midnight-Kroovy

Brendan wasn't released, he's still in prison.
  • Definitely very biased, but still compelling viewing, and I gotta give props to that lawyer of his, she can make a great argument out of the smallest of evidence, or lack thereof.

It will always be interesting to me just because of the inconsistencies in the case on both sides, and we will never know what happened detail for detail. My best guess is that they did it, but I think there was involvement from other people on the property too. I think probably most of them know what happened. Brendan's brother was definitely involved, and that's why he took the first opportunity to screw them over to clear his name.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • @Freddy_Lives I just looked up Brendan, thought he got freed but didnt realize it was overturned.

He's so low IQ I dont even know what to make of him. He was prob there but they could have made him confess to JFK if they wanted.
  • @Midnight-Kroovy it was definitely coercion to say the least.