Shane Black's The Predator

1234568»

Comments

• Freddy_LivesFreddy_Lives in KC
    edited September 2018
    ^^^ Exaclty

Requiem was awful, way too dark of a film and I mean in actual lighting terms.

First AVP is awesome though.
  • Requiem has terrible lighting. You need to adjust your TV so much to watch it. It's like they couldn't afford any lighting whatsoever.

Besides that, I'm a fan in the way that it delivers gory Predator and Alien violence. That's the only thing it really has going for it.
  • Seemed like the first two movies had a vision of sorts. In this corner, popular action star (Arnold in part one, Danny in part two), and in the other corner is the Predator. Explosions, infrared, a few catch phrases, and that will get the asses in the seats, all practical effects. I'm afraid if I watch these new sequels I'll be subjected to CGI action sequences.
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • It's really not an issue, lots of cool stuff in AvP.
  • RustyNailFromHellRustyNailFromHell Is between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.
    I like both AvP's, but my only real complaint was Requiem was the lighting, and the characters were bland.
  • The Predator is filled with practical effects. Some cool gore gags. There's CGI but not as much as you would think. Still has a guy
  • Yeah, the practical effects in the Predator we're dope.

The only scene where the CGI was too obvious for me was when the Mega Predator was in the tree.
  • I really enjoyed The Predator. Olivia Munn wasn't as annoying as i was expecting her to be. Does some interesting things with the canon.
  • RustyNailFromHellRustyNailFromHell Is between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.
    I'm hoping that if they do follow through with a sequel, that there'll be a faction of Predators working with humans.
  • Absolute shite....massively disappointed with this, terrible action, cgi gore, woeful attempts at humour and a bland leading man; a disaster
  • This was weird. Thought it felt like a Marvel movie from the beginning, but when the inmates saw the predator it finally clicked and I thought it was hilarious after that, all the comedy clicked.

The CGI isn't bad in itself, but this is way too clean, almost what a Spielberg Predator would look like without the great action or editing. Idk if it's Black or the reshoots but once characters start getting picked off and the final action kicks in its very choppy, very scattered. Things just happen for a good 35-40 minutes until the ending, which was cool.

Had fun with it though, Black's the funniest writer there is
  • Good to hear.

I watched it again the other night. I honestly have a blast with this movie. It's funny as hell, and I love the action and the gore. The Loonies are a great bunch of characters. For me it just delivers non stop Predator action with lots of fun thrown in.