2018 TV Draft Discussion Thread

edited November 2018 in Forum Games
Welcome to the 1st Annual TV Draft on the new B-D!

The Rules:

--Sign-ups will be open until Tuesday, November 20 @ 11:00PM EST. If you would like to participate, send me a PM and I will add you to the list. There will be no add-ons once the first round has been completed.
--You must have either participated or voted in a previous B-D draft. New participants must be approved by a moderator.
--We will be utilizing a snake draft that goes from top to bottom, bottom to top, etc. with the people at each end drafting twice.
--Players will draft 6 TV programs. Players can draft TV Series, Miniseries, TV Movies, TV Specials and Web Series. For anthology TV series that have different storylines and characters each year, players can draft individual seasons.
--Participants will have 15 hours to make their selections.
--If a participant misses a draft pick they may make the pick up at the end of the draft.
--A second missed pick will result in automatic removal.
--Leave your picks with someone if you know you won’t be available to post.
--First Round match-ups will be posted either 1 or 2 weeks after all picks have been made and will remain open for 48 hours. Length of voting time will be adjusted accordingly for additional matches. PLEASE VOTE.
--In order to vote in a match, players must watch at least 1 program from both lists in that match (or 1 program from all 3 lists if it's a three-way match). Any vote that doesn't follow this rule won't be counted.
--If a player doesn't vote in any matches, they will not be permitted to participate in future drafts. They will be required to vote in a draft before they can participate in future drafts. Failure to vote in 2 drafts will result in a lifetime draft ban.*
--Drafting will start Friday, November 23 @ 12:00PM EST.

--Please post TV Series picks using the following format:

Name (Year/years it aired)

Example:

Gilligan's Island (1964-1967)

--For any other program (Miniseries, TV Movie, TV Special, Web Series, Individual Season), use the following format:

Name (Year/years it aired) - TV program

Examples:

Roots (1977) - Miniseries

Trilogy of Terror (1975) - TV Movie

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966) - TV Special

The Guild (2007-2013) - Web Series

American Horror Story: Hotel (2015-2016) - Season 5

--Players can recommend select episodes to watch.

Example:

Gilligan's Island (1964-1967)

Recommended Episodes: 1, 24, 36, 50

If you would like to participate, sign up here:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/talkback/messages/inbox

*Churchy is exempt from this rule.

Comments

• nancenance maryland
    lookin forward to it!
  • nancenance maryland
    so, this year, when we draft a show, we're drafting the whole show, right, not just seasons?
  • edited November 2018
    Yeah the whole show. The exception would be anthology shows like AHS or Fargo where you can draft individual seasons. You would draft it like this:

American Horror Story: Hotel (2015-2016) - Season 5
  • nancenance maryland
    who've we got so far?
  • You, me, Cerraphim, Churchy, BlackDragonShogun, TexasSnacks and Mr. Awesome. It'll be a short draft but that's okay.
  • Draft Order:

1. Mr. Awesome
    2. BlackDragonShogun
    3. TexasSnacks
    4. nance
    5. H.P. Pufncraft
    6. Cerraphim
    7. Churchy
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Why you got your work face on? Hehe
  • edited November 2018
    How many picks will there be? The lists have ten but the rules have six.
  • I hope everyone's having a good Thanksgiving. Cerraphim's going through some stuff right now, so I'm not sure yet if she'll still be participating. I'll try to get a hold of her tomorrow.
  • My bad, it's 6. I'll fix it.
  • edited November 2018
    My first pick is ready to go. I already it in the draft thread and saved it as a draft because I don't know if I'll have much time tomorrow. This will make it easier to do.

To build some suspense, it's a show on the Netflix that I'm currently watching right now. Only two seasons so far. Just started it yesterday and will have it finished by tonight. It's that good and I don't know why I waited so long to watch it.
  • edited November 2018
    Ha, I can guess what it is then Mr. Awesome.
  • I'm going to see if Cerraphim feels like posting a list at the end of the draft. For now, I'll keep her name in the draft but we'll just go from me to Churchy and back after Nance makes his pick.
  • Can you get her whole list and post her picks on her turn?
  • I'll see what I can do. We're both working Black Friday right now.
  • I'm about to do the same. I have one of those temporary seasonal jobs.
  • Cerraphim sent me her list so I'll be posting her picks for her.