Pro Wrestling Thread

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    edited November 2018
    Sucks about Becky and Nia deserves whatever heat she gets. Just brutal and bad form. But I absolutely love what they have done with Daniel Bryan.
  • It was his idea to turn and he's great as his job, so I like what Daniel Bryan has done to Daniel Bryan.

Match Sunday still gonna be a squash
  • RowdyRoddyCrackpiperRowdyRoddyCrackpiper Badstreet USA
    edited November 2018
    Holy shit, that was blatant. I guess they can't do shit to Nia because they have to kiss the Rock's ass on the off chance he'll come back and do a match at WrestleMania. If not for concussion protocol, I'd expect Becky to just wrestle with one of those masks all athletes wear (including Undertaker with some Phantom of the Opera variation) after suffering a broken nose. It almost feels like they're missing their opportunity to give Becky that WM XIII Stone Cold moment by having Ronda rip the mask off and put her in some kind of cross face that she passes out in.

As far as Charlotte/Ronda goes, I think a lot of the luster has worn off that matchup as this grand WrestleMania spectacle. It's the type of matchup that's so contrived and company-approved years before it even happens that it has a decent chance of actually getting shit on by an unpredictable crowd. Now that Becky has caught fire, I can almost guarantee you that if they stuck her in some bullshit while still rolling out Charlotte/Ronda at WrestleMania, it would get shit on.
    edited November 2018
    That was a perfectly executed heel turn. It's a fine line between determination to obsession and ruthlessness. It's an easy character development to sell how nuts Bryan went waiting to return to the ring and how desperate that long road back made him to win the title back by any means necessary.
  • Bryan apparently decided to turn heel like a month ago cuz he's smart enough to realize he cooled off, Vince was obviously receptive, the plan to CHANGE THE TITLE happened this weekend, then before the show Vince was like fuck it let's do it all at once

Good call
  • edited November 2018
    Fighting with My Family trailer

• edited November 2018
    Going back to David Arquette - he 's really going all out. Sliced his neck in a deathmatch and went to the hospital tonight. Can't endorse that but he looked badass af posing for a photo after
  • 5 STAR GARGANO BACK AGAIN
  • The important thing is that the little sanctimonious prick lost.
  • He played such a great heel last night
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Holy shit ricochet
    edited November 2018
    'Member when that chinless child molester kept distracting the Empress of Butterface's opponents so that skank could keep retaining the title? Yeah, that shit sucked. Fuck finishes are usually garbage too but Charlotte's frenzy accomplished far more than just having some run of the mill dream match ever could have. Call me cynical. Call me an asshole. Who coaxed Nia to throw such a conveniently errant punch? How the fuck do you even do that? Accidentally cold cock somebody when you know you're three times as big as everybody else in the ring? They must have settled on this plan to steal Becky's heat during the same meeting where they decided to turn Bryan.
  • edited November 2018
    WWE didn't want Charlotte/Ronda now

Hard to believe WWE is going with this face breaker thing, she's being rewarded for it. If there was ever a time to back off and make her a better worker it was now.
  • edited November 2018
    Its not possible for someone to be as bad at their job as she is. I would never get in a ring to train her, but somebody has to be out there.

How can I go from NXT with incredible heat to a girl's match where these fake wrestlers are just doing their spots? Nobody's doing a goddamn thing. Asuka's at half speed but she's the only convincing person in this match

Sasha's like the Ospreay of WWE can she stop landing on her head please? Her and Asuka was really good.

Ziggler completing his transition to 96 Shawn Michaels with that hair

Charlotte/Ronda was great, another awesome heel turn cuz all this company can do is get heat
    edited November 2018
    Coincidentally Asuka getting passed over and how bad the whole spring was (for the Smackdown Women's Division) because of it is a huge contributing factor to why there was such a huge revolt against the generic Becky heel turn that everybody was supposed to just play along with like good little sheeple and boo her. I mean a Becky heel turn was probably going to be rejected anyways because that trend of burying fan favorites in the women's division has been going on for a while now. Fan resentment has been simmering this whole time and continues to boil over. That obviously includes how lame Sasha and Becky have been consistently booked.

I detest triple threats as WrestleMania main events so I'd personally settle for Ronda/Charlotte if they don't go with Ronda/Becky or a triple threat. If Ronda/Charlotte ends up being the main event, people are actually speculating Becky will get relegated to facing that clumsy goddamn oaf; who they've already ruined as a monster anyways.

Now if that is the case, I look forward to Ronda/Charlotte as the main event being sabotaged by the usual WrestleMania hooligans rightfully pissed that Becky was shunted down the card to face the very same amateur antelope who sabotaged her push. In that scenario, a walkout before Ronda/Charlotte if it goes on last (or even if it goes on before whatever the hell Brock is doing) would be even better. That's just not realistic though as nobody is paying for a ticket with one of the biggest thrills being their vociferous airing of grievances over how ass backwards this garbage is booked. I guess face-breaker is some kind of code for unprofessional cow.
  • Great point. Definitely hoping for a singles.

AJ apparently wanted to drop the title a while ago, looking for the Orton schedule. It's a shame he's at the tail end, he was so great for so long but only became a top top star in Japan.

Still, more than we ever could have asked for from his run.
  • edited November 2018
    Watched Ronda/Charlotte and Brock/Bryan, enjoyed both. Charlotte freakng out at the end worked well and sets up a future match nicely.

Was surprised at Rousey's reaction, haven't watched WWE for a year besides some PPVs and NXT. Bryan's turn got me interested, hopefully this will be his proper return.

WWE prob asked AJ to keep the title long enough to poo on Punk's reign.

Edit: Will watch NXT when I get some time in the week.
  • edited November 2018
    Did people forget the time Rey Mysterio wrestled without the mask in WCW?

He had those stupid horns.

CLU0-Ml3-UMAAGxf-E.jpg
  • Remember when Psychosis had a mask vs hair match with Kidman on a random Nitro?

I forgot the story behind it but he lost it on a Mexican tour, then they put it back on him for TV. All was forgotten the next week.
    edited November 2018
    People have probably blocked out all the stupid bullshit Vince Russo was responsible for. That might as well have been Mysterio playing the role of Horny Little Devil in some shitty Skinemax movie like the one Buff Bagwell was in where he got his ass kicked by Julie Strain. It was actually one of those low budget softcore/action movie Andy Sidaris hybrids like Hard Ticket To Hawaii, many of which are listed in the Full Moon thread. Borrowing terminology from comic books, all of that Russo reset garbage is considered as having occurred outside of continuity. Otherwise we'd have to figure out what it all means that Hogan jobbed to Kidman.