Post The Last Movie You Watched

Comments

• @Midnight-Kroovy

OK, so GG Allin was clearly mentally ill. What else explains his, um, behavior. Fucking hell, what a crazy mofo. Have to laugh at his antics though LOL.
  • Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993) - 4.5/5

The Unnamable (1988) - 4/5
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Desperate Teen Love Dolls, 1984. 7/10

desperate%2Bteens.jpg

The Old Man and a Gun, 2018. 6/10

Old-Man-and-the-Gun-2018-movie-poster.jpg
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Horror Hospital, 1973. 7/10

horror-hospital_3.jpg

*Has a cool midget Mr. Awesome!

HORROR-HOSPITAL-FILM-REVIEW.jpg
  • Having that dick explains his behavior pretty well I think
  • Did somebody say midget?`
  • Mandy 2018 (9/10) - Finally checked this out in the cinema, holy shit! I love you Panos.

mandy-critica-rojo.gif
  • I wish I'd seen Mandy at the cinema. Would have been wild.
  • FlaggFlagg Michigan
    Godzilla [1954] - 8/10

This was my first time watching the original Japanese version of Godzilla and I prefer it over the Americanized version with Raymond Burr.

"Little old lady got mutilated late last night" [Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London, 1978]

• Mandy - Brilliant. What a vibe and style.

Hereditary- I didn't expect to be so chilled but it got me hard. Particularly because my own mother used to dabble with new age shit, she would listen to Ramtha tapes in the car with me and take me to readings, etc. Fuck that shit.

• Not some shit to play with preach
    The Godfather, 1972

giphy.gif
  • Sint
    Jack Frost
    Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman
    The Unnamable
  • edited January 2019
    New Year's Evil 1980 (6/10) - A killer is murdering women at the stroke of midnight in all four timezones and I assume seriously hauling ass for this to be remotely possible. That said, this isn't as bad as the reviews make out, it just suffers from being too tame as a slasher and too dumb as a thriller.

7efbdcf03658520089cacea89227f1ce27753e39_hq.gif
  • Aquaman - gun's review is spot on. So dazzling and fun. I like how if confidently slips from one type of movie to another and it's seamless. One minute it's like a Bond film, then it goes into Power Rangers territory, then it's a horror and Kaiju flick - all in one sitting and it totally works. As much as I'm a fan of Marvel, this smoked all of this year's offering in one swoop. Delightfully bonkers.
  • AtmosphereAtmosphere England
    edited January 2019
    Bird Box (2018, Susanne Bier) - 4/10

Wow, that was bland. Unfamiliar with the source material so I can't speak for how good an adaptation this is, but as a piece of entertainment? Stale. Susanne Bier is a sucky director. Case in point: the movie is chock-full of prestige actors giving god-awful performances.

Mid90s (2018, Jonah Hill) - 7.5/10

Nice nostalgia trip and a decent hangout movie. It's a solid debut for Hill, but because it's a riff on 90's Linklater/Larry Clark it doesn't give us much of a taste of his own voice.

• Guilty Remnant •
  • Men in Black 3....9/10

I avoided watching this for the longest time, as I expected it to be another dud like 2. To my surprise, this ended up being my favorite in the series. Josh Brolin does an amazing Tommy Lee Jones impression as K and Jermaine Clement was great as the villain. I really dig the creature design that Rick Baker came up with for him. The ending is also pretty emotional, which I was not expecting. My one quibble: Boris' hot girlfriend (played by Nicole Sherzinger) should've stuck around longer in the movie.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Mortal Engines - 8/10

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

Trench 11, 2017. 6/10

trench-11.jpg?zoom=2.625&resize=371%2C208&ssl=1

Maniac Cop 2, 1990. 7/10

Maniac-Cop-2.jpeg