The Netflix Thread

Comments

• New season of MST3K premieres on Netflix on Turkey Day:

My little brother (Churchy)'s name will be in the credits of an episode. :)
  • The new film from the director of Nighcrawler. Looks nuts.

• ^ Wow, looks great! Really liked Nightcrawler and to see Gilroy and Gyllenhaal team up again for a horror is exciting.

Netflix will also be releasing the Motley Crue biopic The Dirt. I've been dying for that to get made since I read the book and The Heroin Diaries a decade ago. It's from the Jackass director, so it should capture all the debauchery.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    I've been watching "You".
    It answers the question, what if Dexter were a sstalker-turned-killer instead of a straight up serial killer.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• I finally saw The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Other than the first story with Scruggs, I can't say I was a fan of this one.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
  • ill always stick with netflix because of how much they put into their original content and the fact they bring back old favourites but i still stand by the fact the UK service horror list sucks and needs an overhall.

Stranger Things
    The Haunting of Hill House (why the fuck they felt the need to recast the role of the older father is beyond me though)

need to explore more original content
  • I didn't mind Buster Scruggs. Some parts were better than others, and my least fave part was the final installment but overall it wasn't bad.
  • It's a classic.
  • No, it's great. Everyone looking at it as individual segments are looking at it wrong. It's not an anthology in the original sense of the word.
  • It's not but it still ebbs and flows
  • The Ted Bundy Tapes is fucking chilling.
  • I adored Buster Scruggs, one of my fav movies of 2018.

The Bundy Tapes I will check out this weekend as it's getting some buzz. I'm very curious to hear the tapes but do they add or expose anything new?

Polar is on my watchlist, I've been a fan of Jonas Akerlund for a long time. He's got Lords of Chaos coming out soon about that crazy Black Metal band that set fire to churches in Norway. Don't think that's netflix though.
  • ^^Not sure if Bundy offers anything new. I'm not familiar with the finer details of his crimes but so far it's quite comprehensive.

I'll be watching Polar this weekend. I didn't know Akerlund was behind it.
  • Just watched escape room from 2017, what a sack of shit that film was, would have loved to have been in the pitch meeting for what one "good so far, whats the conclustion?" "oh well.....there isnt one, not a single shred" "hmmmmm when can you start?"
  • Netflix announced that it has got a Resident Evil TV series adaptation in the works.
  • Reviews for Polar aren't good.
  • Whelp, atleast we have John Wick 3..
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Binged The Bundy Tapes. Don't think his whole deal has been explored in one place before as much as the series did. Learned a thing or two about him I hadn't previously known.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.