General Draft Discussion Thread

I’ve yet to host a draft so this might be as good a time as any.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome and I’ll try to put something together rather quickly.

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Yay! @gwally you da real MVP!
  • I’ll remind you of that when you guys are complaining of this being the crummiest draft in history! ;)
    The horror draft was our last one. I enjoyed the character draft which was the first one I participated in last year but I’m done enough for whatever.
    The horror draft was our last one. I enjoyed the character draft which was the first one I participated in last year but I’m down for whatever.
  • edited January 2018
    Any chance we'd be able to have the actual drafting thread on the old site? We could still do the discussion thread and matches here, but it would give people like me the chance to participate as I'd be able to post pics, videos, etc. We could create a "draft update" thread on this site with people's lists and include a link to a draft thread on the old site. Just a thought.
  • Oh and another character draft (TV, movies, etc.) Would be cool.
  • @H.P. Pufncraft I would be more than happy to help you post any pics and I'm sure everyone else would as well.

It's our inaugural draft. I don't want to redirect traffic back to the old site. Besides, there are folks who have a difficult enough time posting their picks in the alloted time, I don't want to provide another excuse for those people who can't follow the draft order.

• nancenance maryland
    i'm down for any draft, but i really like the character drafts. let's do it!
  • Well in that case, if I join my participation will be limited so I'll just send my picks to someone.

I still think it's ridiculous mobile users can't post pictures but whatever.
    With all this draft talk going on it got me thinking about the next one we should do. What about doing the Cult Draft next?
  • nancenance maryland
    edited February 2018
    how about a 1960's draft? movies, characters, comic titles, books, people, events or shows from the 1960's?
  • I can dig that crazy theme, man!
    edited February 2018
    Please lord god no on the 60's. I don't think I could create a list of 10 for that unless I can pick characters set in the 60's...

iOaFHPv.gif
  • Agreed. Fuck the 60s.
  • ....Whore Draft?

I'll see myself out.
    giphy.gif
    I'd be more worried if Puf was as devilishly sexy as Cersei.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    I like the idea of a '' themed'' draft. It doesn't have to be the 60's but that's a really cool idea.
    A six degrees of Kevin Bacon draft. You must draft a movie or actor that that fits within the Six degrees of Kevin Bacon?