A Quiet Place (2018)

MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
Trailer has dropped for this upcoming horror/thriller directed by John Krasinski and starring Krasinski and Emily Blunt. The film is slated for April 6, 2018. Looks pretty awesome.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

Comments

• WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Looks amazing!

Aren't they married?
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    They are. Lucky bastard.

• Wow, looks awesome.
  • I stopped the trailer at 1:28. I'm a real goof sometimes about not wanting to spoil anything before seeing it at the cinema.

I like Emily Blunt as well. <3
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    I rarely watch trailers due to spoilers, but I watched this one through I don't think they give anything away.

• I watch a few trailers a year, def the way to go
  • I'm a bit of a sucker for high concept storytelling. Looks dope.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • I'm hoping this turns out to be a creature feature.
  • Lot of people seem to think this is another secret Cloverfield movie lol.

On a more worrying note, imagine seeing this in theaters...

Most of the movie in silence, and the tension broken every couple of minutes by the sounds of teenagers whispering and laughing at inappropriate moments and crunching on nachos.

I guess I'll wait for DVD. :/
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • @McStuffin The preview has giant claw marks, I can only assume you're right.
  • I watched the trailer and realized how ridiculous of an idea this is, and not because monster or supernatural creatures are the bad guys.

It’s ridiculous because of the premise, having to be perfectly quiet. Impossible, and I don’t just mean talking. Anytime you have to cough or sneeze, when your stomach growls or
    you fart. What about when you’re asleep, and you talk or laugh or roll out of bed?

I wanna like the idea of the movie, but any noise attracts these creatures? There’s no way to get around the issues I just listed, no matter how skilled or trained a person is. Hard pass for me on this one, as much as I wanna see Jim kick some ass, I’ll have to stick to the Jack Ryan show.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • edited February 2018
    Wait dude, are you serious?

You know what else is ridiculous? A deranged child killer slaughtering teenagers in dreams. Impossible. Freddy Krueger makes no sense, so I can't take the movie serious anymore.

Please. Comparative to almost all the movies we talk about on this site, the premise on this movie is absolutely tame compared to others in the sense of believable scenarios. What on earth prompted you to suddenly turn on your brain for movies now all of a sudden?
  • _Blakelock__Blakelock_ - OHMSS
    edited February 2018
    I’m completely serious. I don’t know why when watching the trailer all I could think about is how people randomly make noises they can’t control and how that kills the entire premise of the movie. But that’s what happened.

I can’t stand the NOES films either.
  • I think Blakelock isn't really complaining about the monsters, we've seen ones like that before, like in Tremors

But staying quiet over a few day scenario is one thing. Living 10+ years or your whole life tho, that's not realistic, and then if that, the house doesn't look proofed for any level of sound free living at all

It was the cow...

• @Willowfang , exactly.
  • I mean I get it, but let's actually see the movie first before we start making assumptions. I'm sure all of us can agree that living 10 years like that just couldn't work.

The movie doesn't give a timeline for all we know they have only been living like this for a week. Let's not forget that literally the big moment of the movie is to answer your concern in the first place, considering someone obviously fucks up and makes a sound. :/
  • AtmosphereAtmosphere England
    edited February 2018
    There's a thing in film analysis called suspension of disbelief. You understand that the world you're seeing is not real, and so you afford it some leeway when it comes to technicalities and logistics.

On the one hand though, Blakelock isn't completely wrong. It depends how the rules of this world are set out and defined. It's early days yet so we don't entirely know. But it does absolutely need to stick to the rules it creates and have a certain degree of logic. We'll see.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Suspension of Disbelief isn't written stone either. Not everyone can accept the same movies

Even on top of what someone may find bad altogether, putting certain elements together can really ruin a movie. It's not about a person being too much of a stick in the mud or something to enjoy a certain movie. Sometimes the science may be so off, it's just impossible to take what the character then do seriously

It was the cow...