I’ve got good NOOSE for you boils and ghouls!
Fans of “Tales From the Crypt” will have pleasant screams again in knowing that the project from TNT and M. Night Shyamalan isn’t dead.
Last night we told you that sources close to the development process had explained to us that the reincarnation of “Tales From the Crypt” was in hot water, if not dead altogether. There’s actually a reason the project went into hibernation.
We were able to reach a TNT representative for comment, who explained the situation in detail:
“The underlying rights to this classic, vintage property are complicated. TNT and others have been pursuing a solution for more than a year, with significant progress being made. We look forward to the potential for further active development of this valuable franchise once the clearance process is fully resolved.”
So, according to TNT, some sort of rights or clearance issue has put the active development on hold until they can be figured out. This would explain why a 10-episode order had been greenlit while nothing has been shot as of this writing.
We hope to be able to bring you some good news in the New Year… you know what they say, if at first you don’t succeed, DIE DIE again!
“Tales From the Crypt” – part of TNT’s planned Horror Block, which was to also include “Time of Death” and “Creatures” – was greenlit back in April as they were ramping up an initial 10-episode order of the anthology series that would have reinvented the Crypt Keeper, based on the original EC Comics.
In August TNT president Kevin Reilly said to expect the show in the fourth quarter of 2017.
The project was announced as a new block of terror and suspense that was to be curated by Shyamalan, the Oscar-nominated writer-director of The Sixth Sense, Signs and Unbreakable, and executive producer of the the Fox series “Wayward Pines.”
The block was said to feature both short and long-form storytelling, led by the “Tales From the Crypt” anthology series, executive-produced by Shyamalan, his partner at Blinding Edge Pictures, Ashwin Rajan; Endgame’s James Stern; and Aloris Entertainment’s John Santilli and Dan McKinnon.
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - October 9, 2017 - Cynthia, Halloween, As...
Bill Moseley and Sid Haig reunite for a new project, we’ve got an update on the new Halloween movie, and Bruce Campbell is making us very excited about Ash Vs Evil Dead season three!
More in Exclusives
“We have amassed over 700 never-before-seen photos.” Fan-funded earlier this year, the forthcoming documentary...
“All nature will be renewed by fire.” Tonight’s brand new episode of Fox’s “The...
Freaks were just the beginning. It’s The Breakfast Club meets “The Walking Dead” in...
A story tangled up in a web of family drama, personal demons, and a...