Last Updated: June 12, 2018
Bloody Disgusting provides its horror genre website and discussion forum at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com (“Website”) and through a mobile application (“Application”) available at your favorite app store. We believe that privacy is a right, and that you have a right to keep information about you private. Our goal is to be transparent about how we collect and use information about you, to keep such information secure, and to provide you with meaningful choices.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information about you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
CROSS BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
TRANSPARENCY AND CHOICE
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
SHARING THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
INFORMATION OUR VENDORS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES COLLECT
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION (EEA residents only)
EUROPEAN DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT; DELETING INFORMATION
DO NOT TRACK
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
EMAIL OPT OUT
Bloody Disgusting, LLC (“Bloody Disgusting”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) is a California limited liability company located in the United States of America. We provide a website and discussion forum covering horror films, T.V. shows, video games, and podcasts, where users can watch scary trailers and find the top streaming horror-related content (“Service”).
The Service is hosted in the United States, and is not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16). Bloody Disgusting does not knowingly collect information from individuals under sixteen (16) years of age without prior parental consent or consistent with applicable law.
People have different privacy concerns. We believe you should have tools to control information about you and manage your experience with us. For example, if you registered for an account to use with the Service, you can find controls to manage or review your account information at http://bloody-disgusting.com/talkback/profile/edit or manage your notifications at http://bloody-disgusting.com/talkback/profile/preferences/.
Please note that if you opt out of receiving interest-based or targeted advertising, you will continue to see the same number of ads, but they will be generic in nature, and may not be as relevant or useful to you. For more information on ads and how to opt out, see the section below headed “Advertisements; Ad Networks; Other Third Parties”.
We collect information to better provide the Service to our users, from tailoring your experience with the Service such as showing you content we think you might be interested in, to advertising, measuring advertising performance, and providing related research.
We may collect and combine information when you interact with the Service, including:
- Information you give us. We collect the information that you voluntarily give us. For example, when you register for a Bloody Disgusting account, we ask for your email address, username, and password;
- Information from your use of the Service. We collect information about how you use the Service, like the content you view, the users or discussions you follow, and the ads you are served. This information includes:
- Device information: such as your IP address and an anonymous device identifier. In addition, the Application collects certain information automatically, such as content viewed, and information that allows us to periodically determine mobile device and usage information, which may include (i) information about the way you use the Application, (ii) information specific to your mobile device (such as make, model, operating system and version, Internet browser, device IP address, cookies, anonymous device and/or advertising identifier and similar information), (iii) information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device, and (iv) signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar technical data. We may collect the foregoing information even if you are not logged in to the Application;
- Browser information: such as information automatically provided by browsers like user agent and IP addresses accessing a Website;
- Location information: such as information that allows us to periodically determine your actual location. We may collect the foregoing information even if you are not logged in to the Application. For iOS users, you should be able to adjust the settings on your iOS device to prevent collection of location information by disabling the location services feature on your device. For Android users, you should be able to adjust your settings on your Android device to prevent collection of location information by disabling Bluetooth and location service features on your device.
- Ad Data: such as data about the ads served while using the Service, for example, how many times an ad has been served to you, where or on which page the ad was served, whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad, and attributing any actions or purchases to an ad.
- Information from others: If you use Disqus to log in to the Application, we collect your email address and profile picture. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share (or not share) certain information with us to create a username for use with our Service. Services like Disqus give you the option to post information about your discussion or activities using the Service to the Facebook network.
We do not collect any “sensitive” or “special categories of personal data” as defined under European data protection laws.
- Web beacon; tags; pixels: are blocks of code that can read and place cookies, recognize certain types of information on your device, that may include which websites or apps you use, and your browsing behavior, as well as support Service analytics; and
- Mobile device identifiers: are standard device identifiers, for example the “IDFA” advertising identifier used on Apple’s iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” advertising identifier used on Android devices, to analyze your use of mobile applications.
We use the information collected to provide and personalize your use of the Service. For example, we use the information collected for tailoring your experience with the Service such as showing you ads we think you might be interested in. Such information may be used by itself, aggregated, or combined with other information we collect or from a third party. We may also use information collected to deliver you information and/or promotional materials about Bloody Disgusting and/or to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you, and to which you consent.
We may also use the information collected for the following purposes:
- To contact you in connection with the Service, which for example may include sending you a notification(s) when someone comments on your forum discussion, writes on your wall, replies to your wall comment, or mentions you.
- To log you into the Service;
- To provide user and advertiser support to our advertiser clients;
- To improve and analyze use of the Service;
- To enable advertising and standard advertising controls;
- To deliver personalized ads so they are relevant and effective;
- To limit or cap the ads served, making sure you don’t see the same ad too many times;
- To sequence ads, making sure a series of ads is served in the correct order;
- To measure and report on advertising campaign performance, such as whether you clicked on an ad, went to the advertiser’s website after the ad was served, attributing actions or purchases to an ad, and/or transaction reporting and verification, and trend analysis;
- To cross-device match, identifying all devices that are likely to be associated with you so that ads can be personalized, capped and sequenced across those devices;
- To protect the safety and security of users of the Service or members of the public, including acting in urgent circumstances;
- To protect or defend the legal rights or property of Bloody Disgusting, our advertisers, and third parties, including business partners such as advertising-related companies, as well as our corporate affiliates, in connection with the Service;
- To investigate, deter, and report against fraudulent, invalid, unauthorized, malicious, or illegal activity, and/or risk management; and
- To comply with applicable law, rules, regulations, or legal process.
We may share the information collected as follows:
- Advertisers: We may share information collected with advertisers and other third parties, including business partners such as advertising businesses who are obligated to comply with applicable laws concerning usage of the information, as well as our corporate affiliates, in connection with the Service (such third parties and affiliates collectively, “Affiliates”). In addition, our Affiliates may share this information with their own third-party business partners who may use the information either for themselves or on behalf of the applicable Affiliate, each only for the purposes set forth in the section above headed “How We Use Information Collected”;
- Service providers: We may share information collected with our service providers to facilitate some aspects of the Service or perform functions on our behalf. These service providers may use information about you solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf;
- Legal and other purposes: We may share information collected with law enforcement, regulatory authorities, courts with competent jurisdiction, emergency services, or other necessary third parties for legal, protection, security, and safety purposes; and
- Business transfers: We may share information collected in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets to a third party buyer.
- Analytics Service Providers
- We use Google Analytics to collect data about your interaction with the Service received from cookies, web beacons, tags, pixels, and devices on our behalf. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use the reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand usage of the Service and traffic to the Website. For more information on the Google Analytics data collection practices, including the information they aggregate about what you see and interact with on the Service, and your available opt-out choices, please review the information located at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en and https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- We may allow other certain third party analytics service providers to collect the anonymous data received from cookies, web beacons, tags, pixels, and devices on our behalf, and to retain and use this data themselves. In addition, we may allow these service providers to include web beacons within the pages of the Website and anonymous identifiers on the Application. We may also share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, with these service providers for analytics purposes. These service providers aggregate information about what you see and interact with on the Service.
- Advertisements; Ad Networks; Other Third Parties
- We may allow certain third party companies to serve advertisements to you and collect anonymous information regarding your use of the Service. Typically, these companies are third party ad servers, ad agencies, technology vendors, providers of sponsored content, and research firms, and they may include cookies and web beacons within the Website, or other tracking methodologies such as anonymous device identifiers on the Website and/or within the Application to collect anonymous information in order to provide customized content and/or ads of interest, auditing, research and reporting for us, our partners, and advertisers when you visit certain pages of the Website or Application, and other websites or applications. For example, because your web browser requests these advertisements and/or web beacons from the third-party’s web servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a webpage from their website directly. When you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that these companies will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements.
- In addition, we or our data partner(s) may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use the Service or other websites or applications, or to seek to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we or our data partner(s) may connect de-identified demographic or other data about you (received from third parties) either to data you voluntarily submitted to us (such as your email address), or to data automatically collected from you (such as your device identifier or IP address). However, we will only share your email address with our data partners in hashed, non-human readable form.
If you a resident located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above depends on the type of information concerned, and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may rely on our legitimate interest to collect information from you, except where such interests are overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to collect and process information about you, they include the interests described in the section above headed “How We Use the Information Collected”.
However, in some cases, we may rely on your consent or have a legal obligation to collect the information about you, or may otherwise need the information to protect your and/or our vital interests or those of another person or entity. If we rely on your consent to collect and/or process information about you, we will obtain such consent in compliance with applicable laws.
If you have questions about or want further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use information about you, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Information” section below.
As a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the right to:
- request access to and obtain a copy of the information we collect about you;
- request rectification or erasure of such information;
- restrict the processing of such information;
- if applicable, data portability.
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of such information.
Exercising EEA Rights. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or Bloody Disgusting, LLC, Attn: Data Protection Officer, 781 S. Midlothian Rd #212, Mundelein, IL 60060-2686. Please note that because most of the information we collect and maintain about you can only identify a particular browser or device, and cannot identify you individually, you may need to provide us with additional information to enable us to identify the information we have about you and ensure that we accurately fulfill your request. Although we use good faith efforts to respond to your request, we may not be able to provide and/or correct the requested information in all situations. For example, we may not be able to provide the information requested if it imposes an undue burden or expense, requires us to release confidential commercial information, or requires the disclosure of information relating to another person.
Finally, as a resident of the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of personal data with a European Data Protection Authority. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please review the information located at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Our goal is to delete your Bloody Disgusting account information requested within 30 days of receiving your written request. If you remove the Application or close your Bloody Disgusting account, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that information about you in the account such as your email and username is no longer accessible or used by the Service. However, as permitted by applicable law, we retain and may use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal and/or financial obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate purposes (including, for document retention and security purposes). Please contact us using the details in the “Contact Information” section below to close your account or request changes or modification of the information you previously provided to us.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser that requests that websites and technology companies not collect certain browsing data. Currently, the standards regarding DNT and appropriate responses are not well defined. As such, Bloody Disgusting does not currently honor DNT settings in your browser.
Bloody Disgusting uses industry-standard physical, electronic, and procedural measures designed to safeguard the information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, please note no transmission of information via the Internet or electronic storage solution can be guaranteed to be completely secure, although we take reasonable precautions to protect against security incidents.
We store information you provide to us for as long as (a) your Bloody Disgusting account is active, and/or (b) needed to provide you the Service. We store the information collected about your usage of the Service for up to 26 months.
In some cases, we may keep some information for longer periods of time where required under certain laws or to comply with law enforcement or regulatory requests, which for example may include, those relating to corporate governance, taxation, money laundering, and financial reporting legislation.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails you receive from us, or by contacting us using the details in the ““Contact Information” section below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list.
Residents outside of the European Economic Area:
Bloody Disgusting, LLC
Attn: Privacy Officer
781 S. Midlothian Rd #212
Mundelein, IL 60060-2686
European Economic Area residents:
Bloody Disgusting, LLC
Attn: Data Protection Officer
781 S. Midlothian Rd #212
Mundelein, IL 60060-2686
Important note: The data controller of information about European Economic area residents is Bloody Disgusting, LLC at the above address.