Connect with us

Movies

[Random Cool] DirecTV Commercial Turns Naughty Into Nice

Published

on

DirectV

It’s a little late now that Christmas is already over, but it’s still the holidays until next Monday!

Below you’ll find a fun holiday commercial from DirecTV that brings Dracula, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Chucky, The Mummy, Samara, Hannibal Lecter and Darth Vader(!), and turns them from naughty to nice.

I don’t think I ever want to see Freddy give Jason flowers ever again…

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

Director Nick Merola Releases Short Film Inspired by ‘Silent Hill 4: The Room’ [Video]

Published

on

With the 20th anniversary of Silent Hill 4: The Room right around the corner, you’d hope that someone would give some love to this divisive entry to the series. Director Nick Merola has done just that. Much like Leigh Thorne and Ruben Abreu’s fan film Silent Hill: Road of Guilt, Merola has created a short film of his own, this time based on Silent Hill 4: The Room. On top of that, Merola has a more ambitious plan: persuading Konami to develop a television series adaptation.

Silent Hill: The Room recreates the unsettling and iconic intro scene of Silent Hill 4: The Room, where Henry Townshend (played by Brian Dole) wakes up to find himself mysteriously locked in his own apartment. Filmed in just a single day in Merola’s own apartment, the crew included extensive attention to detail. Things ranging from the chained door of room 302, to the chocolate milk in the refrigerator.

After the credits roll, Merola appears in a short message, whereupon he asks Silent Hill series producer Motio Okomoto to meet with him to discuss developing a Silent Hill TV series. “In 2022, Silent Hill series director Motio Okomoto said, ‘I hope Silent Hill lovers around the world will bring their pitches to Konami. I’ll look through every one of them.’ Well, Motio-San, here’s my pitch,” says Merola.

Merola goes on to say that he’s completed scripts and a comprehensive series bible, outlining “a 10-episode journey” through Silent Hill. “It would be a profound honor to personally present this project to [Okomoto].”

Meanwhile, we’re still waiting on Bloober Team’s upcoming Silent Hill 2 remake, coming to PC via Steam and the PlayStation 5.

Continue Reading