D.O.A.: A Right Of Passage is the ground-breaking classic rockumentary about the origin of punk rock. The film will be coming to select theaters in mid-November, and will also be available in a collector’s edition Blu-ray + DVD package.
A couple months back MVD Entertainment announced their new brand, MVD Rewind Collection. The collection is geared towards cult titles with plans to rescue them and bring them to the premiere home video format. The first title to help launch this new brand is the classic punk rock documentary, D.O.A.: A Right of Passage, hitting Blu-ray & DVD combo pack on December 8th.
The Blu-ray news is very exciting. The more films, cult or otherwise, we get on Blu-ray the better, but the fact that the film is now hitting select theaters is pretty damn cool. The theatrical run launches on November 15th at Film Bar in Phoenix, AZ, one of my favorite theaters in the world, and runs through mid-January. Check out the full list of screenings below and if the film plays near you be sure to check it out!
Mixing this with footage of other contemporary bands, trends in the fashion capitals and punks of all shapes and colors, the film makers captured a grainy, stained snapshot of the punk movement at its peak (which includes the now famous footage of Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen in bed) along with rare interview and concert footage of the late seventies punk rock music scene.
- 11/15-11/16 – Phoenix, AZ – FilmBar
- 11/16 – Pittsburgh, PA – Hollywood Theater
- 11/17 – Dallas, TX – Texas Theater
- 11/21 – Baltimore, MD – Parkway Theater
- 11/29 – Iowa City, IA – FilmScene
- 12/1 + 12/3 – Boston, MA – Brattle (Cambridge, MA)
- 12/4 – Durham, NC – Carolina Theater
- 12/11 – Nashville, TN – Belcourt
- 12/18 – Maitland, FL – Enzian
- 1/3 – Yonkers, NY – Alamo Drafthouse
- 1/12 – Tulsa, OK – Circle Cinema
- 1/12-1/14 – Seattle, WA – Northwest Film Forum
- 1/15 – San Francisco, CA – Alamo Drafthouse
- 1/15 – Denver, CO – Alamo Sloans Lake
- 1/18 – Louisville, KY – Speed Museum
- – High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the main feature
- – Original 2.0 Mono Audio (Uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- – 12 page booklet with liner notes written by John Holmstrom, founding editor of PUNK Magazine
- – ‘Dead On Arrival: The Punk Documentary That Almost Never Was’ – A feature length documentary about the making of D.O.A. A Rite of Passage produced by award-winning filmmaker (and former MTV Senior Producer) Richard Schenkman (HD)
- – Reversible artwork
- – 2-Sided Poster included
- – Original Theatrical Trailer
- – Limited Edition Retro ‘Video Store Style’ Slipcover / O-Card (First Pressing Only)
- – Rare Sex Pistols photo gallery
Pre-order at MVDshop.com
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
More in Home Video
Phame Factory has announced a March 6, 2018, VOD release for Eric Pham’s horror...
Currently available On Demand, step into a serial killer’s twisted world when the dark...
Scream Factory announced today a March 6, 2018, Blu-ray release for their newly remastered collector’s edition...
Zorya Films, Millman Productions and ITN Distribution are putting scream queen Danielle Harris under...