Bloody-Disgusting has scored another exclusive Top 10 list, this time from Jeff Martin, singer of Lo-Pan. I have to say, this band is awesome! I’m not just saying that because they’re obsessed with Big Trouble In Little China (one of my all time favorite films), but because they have a great musical attitude and sound fantastic. Check after the jump for the exclusive list as well as some upcoming tour dates.
1. Nightmare on Elm Street 1(original) – Dude with a grudge haunts the dreams of the children of the people that killed him.The scene where Freddy is just standing on the corner watching the window haunted my dreams for my entire childhood and ensured I would never look out of a window at night.
2. Hostel – young people traveling through eastern Europe are taken and auctioned off to rich men to indulge their murderous fantasies. This movie is just twisted all the way around. Highly entertaining. Eli Roth and I would get along very well, I suspect.
3. Let the Right One In (original) – young vampire of indeterminate age and sexuality meets and befriends young man, becomes his protector. This movie is amazing to me. The way it is shot, it merely eludes to killing and shows the aftermath. The original has a very eerie feeling throughout.
4. Funny Games (remake) – Two young psychos terrorize and ultimately brutalize unsuspecting WASP families. While I enjoy both the original and the shot-for-shot remake of this one, the remake showcases Michael Pitt as the lead psycho, Paul. There has never been a more perfect role for an actor than this. Crazy movie and amazing performance.
5. Poltergeist – suburban family is haunted by the ghosts of the people their housing development is built on. I hated watching this movie when I was a kid. But I couldn’t stop. The source of so many childhood fears. Amazing movie.
Salvador – El Salvador
6. The Strangers – 3 homicidal crazies in masks stalk and kill a young married couple just because. This movie was fun to watch, suspenseful throughout and absolutely unflinchingly brutal. Random killing and no explanation or reveal. what’s not to like?
7. Jacob’s Ladder – a veteran returns home from war and things get crazy. This movie is just so good. Scary as hell. Love it.
8. Carrie – a girl is bullied at school and at home and uses her telekinetic powers to make them all pay, a true classic. Brilliantly acted and has a creepy feeling all the way through.
9. Event Horizon – a space crew is sent to ascertain the status of a missing ship. This movie scared the hell out of me. When they locate the video of the missing crew. That is as twisted and scary as it gets.
10. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original) – insane family terrorizes young people. Is there a reason not to love this movie?
May 18, 2011 – Pittsburgh, PA @ 31st Street Pub w/ Molasses Barge, Fist Fight in the Parking Lot
May 19, 2011 – Philadelphia, PA @ The M Room w/ Backwoods Payback, Chromelord
May 20, 2011 – Bethpage, NY @ Mr. Beery’s w/ John Wilkes Booth, Borgo Pass,
May 21, 2011 – Boston, MA @ Rosebud w/ GOZU, Motherboar, Lunglust
May 26, 2011 – Chicago, ILL @ Quenchers
May 27, 2011 – Indianapolis, IN @ The Vollrath
May 28, 2011 – St Louis, MO @ Firebird w/ Shame Club
May 29, 2011 – Oklahoma City, OK @ The Conservatory w/ Gypsyhawk, Los Dios Del Diablo
May 30, 2011 – Denton, TX @ Andy’s Bar w/ Wo Fat, Little Big Horn
May 31, 2011 – Houston, TX @ The Mink Backroom w/ Project Armageddon, Gypsyhawk, and Mothership
June 1, 2011 – San Antonio, TX @ The Ten Eleven
June 2, 2011 – Austin, TX @ The Scoot Inn Liquid Sludge Festival w/ Dixie Witch, Honky, Suplecs, Tia Carerra
June 3, 2011 – Lake Charles, LA @ Luna Live w/ Large Marge, 4mag Nitrous
June 4, 2011 – Memphis, TN @ Buccaneer
June 5, 2011 – Nashville,TN @ Little Hamilton Collective w/ Across Tundras, Hellbender