Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel has a real “Clue” vibe to it, from the games premise. You play a vacationing police officer, who is in an avalanche along a snowy mountain, and take refuge at a nearby hotel. Everything seems alright, you check things out, speak with guests, and then are thrown into a murder mystery. Odd things had been happening days before the murder, and you are to question guests, and find out what exactly happened.
The game is based on “Hotel “At a Lost Climber”: Inspector Glebsky’s Puzzle”, made originally by Akella. Lighthouse Interactive has recently signed a deal with Akella acquiring publishing rights for North America, Germany, UK, Scandinavia and Benelux territories to Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel. The game was inspired by Russian sci-fi novelists, the Strugatsky Brothers story “Inspector Glebsky’s Puzzle” that was written in 1970.
It’s coming out for the PC only, and is looking at a 2009 release. Check out a video slideshow from the game HERE
• 5 different endings controlled by the player’s actions, decisions and behavior
• An engrossing storyline set in a gorgeous game environment; from snow capped mountains to the incredibly detailed rooms of the secluded hotel
• Robust 3D real-time game engine allows for truly non-linear gameplay
• Explore a game world populated with dynamic lighting and shadows, and special effects (changes in weather, day and night gameplay sequences)
• 15 unique and lifelike characters, each with their own personalities, stories and agendas
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - November 6, 2017 - Pet Sematary, Horror ...
Starry Eyes duo Dennis Widmyer and Kevin Kolsch will take over the Pet Sematary Remake, 2017 was the best year for horror movies ever, and James O'Barr will be heavily involved in the upcoming The Crow film. It's THIS WEEK IN HORROR with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Tuesday, November 7, 2017