Have you ever gotten out of a horror movie and were just so unnerved or scared that you needed to find something to take your mind away from that place? Valora‘s Syd Duran has. Luckily for us, she’s decided to share her secret: music! She has supplied BD Music with a list of her 10 songs that she listens to after being scared shitless. So, next time you’re afraid to up the stairs or into the dark, pop on one of these bad boys and let your fears melt away!
Valora’s debut album, I Waited For You, will be coming out April 3rd, 2012. You can buy the title track on iTunes.
Syd’s Top 10 Songs To Listen To After Being Scared Sh!tless
1) D’yer Mak’er by Led Zeppelin: This is one of my favorite songs EVER. It is the essence of classic rock, and the epitome of “feel good” music. In my opinion, you can’t ask for a better combo.
2) Bad by Michael Jackson: This one will remind you how much of a bad ass you really are, after being scared shitless. haha
3) Pocket Full of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield: Now, whenever I hear this song, I think of the hilarious Emma Stone shower scene in “Easy A.” It’s hard to be scared when you’re laughing.
4) Lemonade by Cocorosie: Some people actually enjoy being scared out of their mind. If you’d like to continue this feeling of complete unease, check out this song.
5) Three Little Birds by Bob Marley: How is this NOT going to make the list??
6) I Want You So Hard by Eagles of Death Metal: I can’t listen to this song without moving my body to the music. Dancing makes everyone happy.
7) Sour Cherry by The Kills: “Shout when you wanna get off the ride…” If you get a little too freaked out, turn this sucker on, and you won’t feel so bad.
Revelry by Kings of Leon: I’ve listened to this one plenty of times on a long night’s drive by myself. It makes me feel at peace with whatever situation I’m in.
9) Salute Your Solution by The Raconteurs: To me, this sounds like a fun-lovin’ guy rounding up a bunch of his friends and throwing a loud, awesome party in his living room. I definitely want to show up and have a beer.
10) Merry Happy by Kate Nash: This song tells the cutest story, told in full detail by the adorable British singer Kate Nash. It will effectively wipe your mind clean of anything disturbing or scary.