I’m gonna tell it like it is. I did not have fun playing Skate. I mean, I know they were going for realism with the game, and they nailed it. A lot of people liked the game. I just couldn’t get into it. I skated for years and sucked my ass off at it. So naturally I loved to pick up a game like Tony Hawk and grind my balls off.
Past the break you can check out some pretty awesome looking screens from the new HD deliciousness. Also, a decent amount of game info. It should be coming this summer to the Playstation Network, and Xbox Live Arcade. The cost? 15 dollars. Or, 1200 Broken Skateboards.
* HD Upgrade: Game was rebuilt and polished by Robomodo using Neversoft’s original code.
* Classic levels: The style and feel of the best 7 levels from THPS and THPS2 refreshed for today. Tony Hawk himself put a call out to his fans on Twitter during the summer of 2011 to decide the final levels.
* The Top Pros: Today’s biggest skate pros round out the cast including: Nyjah Huston, Chris Cole, Eric Koston, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Lyn-z Adams Hawkins (Pastrana), Riley Hawk and, of course, Tony Hawk himself.
* Refined controls: The skaters’ animations, tricks and combos reflect the evolution of the THPS games. For example, you can do manuals in levels from the first THPS, a trick that didn’t enter the franchise until THPS2.
* Endlessly fun objectives: Players pursue the same global and level-specific goals as the original games, including S-K-A-T-E, Secret DVD (used to be VHS tape!), and many more.
* Details on soundtrack and online modes will be announced soon.
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - October 9, 2017 - Cynthia, Halloween, As...
Bill Moseley and Sid Haig reunite for a new project, we’ve got an update on the new Halloween movie, and Bruce Campbell is making us very excited about Ash Vs Evil Dead season three!
More in News
That creepy little girl with the mask just became so much creepier. FOX’s “The...
There’s only one person who has to die. And Rick is going to kill...
What could Funko possibly do to win over the hearts of horror fans even...
We’ve got to survive! Somebody’s got to survive! The Bloody Disgusting forums are back!...