I’m gonna tell it like it is. I did not have fun playing Skate. I mean, I know they were going for realism with the game, and they nailed it. A lot of people liked the game. I just couldn’t get into it. I skated for years and sucked my ass off at it. So naturally I loved to pick up a game like Tony Hawk and grind my balls off.
Past the break you can check out some pretty awesome looking screens from the new HD deliciousness. Also, a decent amount of game info. It should be coming this summer to the Playstation Network, and Xbox Live Arcade. The cost? 15 dollars. Or, 1200 Broken Skateboards.
* HD Upgrade: Game was rebuilt and polished by Robomodo using Neversoft’s original code.
* Classic levels: The style and feel of the best 7 levels from THPS and THPS2 refreshed for today. Tony Hawk himself put a call out to his fans on Twitter during the summer of 2011 to decide the final levels.
* The Top Pros: Today’s biggest skate pros round out the cast including: Nyjah Huston, Chris Cole, Eric Koston, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Lyn-z Adams Hawkins (Pastrana), Riley Hawk and, of course, Tony Hawk himself.
* Refined controls: The skaters’ animations, tricks and combos reflect the evolution of the THPS games. For example, you can do manuals in levels from the first THPS, a trick that didn’t enter the franchise until THPS2.
* Endlessly fun objectives: Players pursue the same global and level-specific goals as the original games, including S-K-A-T-E, Secret DVD (used to be VHS tape!), and many more.
* Details on soundtrack and online modes will be announced soon.