Quantcast
/db
Theme
Community
Newsletter
Movies

Dan Aykroyd and Ivan Reitman’s ‘Ghostbusters’ Sequel Went to Hell!

When Bill and Ted went to Hell, it was the natural progression of the time travel franchise. That’s sort of where Ghostbusters II went wrong. Instead of furthering the franchise, they pit the quartet against a super evil spook, which felt mundane next to what they accomplished in the first film.

Well, apparently Dan Aykroyd and Ivan Reitman wanted to have a bogus journey of their own, and had planned on sending the Ghostbusters to Hell.

The conversation started with acknowledging Bill Murray‘s constant refusal to return for a third Ghostbusters.

“I never begrudged him not being in the third movie, though I wrote a nice part for him in Hellbent, where the Ghostbusters go to hell,” Aykroyd told EW.

As previously reported, Aykroyd “still holds out hope of bringing that Ghostbusters story to life with a younger cast.”

Paul Feig is now in post on his Ghostbusters reboot, which Aykroyd says could be more comical: “In a way, his movie might be a little better than the first two because they can do more — CGI might be a little better. But also, you know, there might be more jokes in it.”

A source close to us tell us there’s a dance number. Did that just send chills down your spine or what?

Feig’s Ghostbusters, starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones, will eliminate spooks on July 15, 2016.

ghsotbusters