You probably already own at least one or two copies of Stuart Gordon’s Re-Animator, but you might get the urge to double (or triple) dip when you see what Arrow’s got in store for us.
On July 25th, the enduring splatter-comedy classic from 1985 returns to Blu-ray in a stunning restoration jam packed with special features. Arrow Video’s 2-disc limited edition set, a US-only release, contains 2K restorations of both the Unrated and “Integral” versions of the film. The must-own release, housed in digipack packaging with brand new art by Justin Erickson, also includes a collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by writer Michael Gingold and the original 1991 comic book adaptation of Re-Animator, reprinted in its entirety.
Check out the full roster of bonus content below.
DISC 1 – UNRATED VERSION
• Unrated version [86 mins]
• Audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon
• Audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna, actors Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton, Bruce Abbott, and Robert Sampson
• Re-Animator Resurrectus – documentary on the making of the film, featuring extensive interviews with cats and crew
• Interview with director Stuart Gordon and producer Brian Yuzna
• Interview with writer Dennis Paoli
• Interview with composer Richard Band
• Music Discussion with composer Richard Band
• Interview with former Fangoria editor Tony Timpone
• Barbara Crampton In Conversation – the Re-Animator star sits down with journalist Alan Jones for this career-spanning discussion
• Deleted and Extended Scenes
• Trailer & TV Spots
DISC 2 – INTEGRAL VERSION – LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE
• Integral version [105 mins]
• A Guide to Lovecraftian Cinema – brand new featurette looking at the many various cinematic incarnations of writer H.P. Lovecraft’s work
More features will be announced soon. Take a sneak peek at the set below!