Stranger Things (Netflix)

TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

Who else is excited for Season 2?

• I have Friday off from work so I plan on binge-watching season 2 in one sitting.
  • Psyched beyond belief. Loved Season One.

• I stayed home sick yesterday and attempted a season one marathon, but I couldn't keep my eyes open.

• Me and the roommates excited!

• Soundtrack is out on Apple Music/Spotify, soooooo great

• Season 2 starts tomorrow. Looks like I'll be working from home.

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Wow, I tried using the search function to see if we had a thread and this didn't show up. :\

Anyway, watched S2 E1-2 today. Loooooooved it! I think season 2 is gonna blow season 1 away!

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Had to work all day, so only just getting around to watching it now.

Came out of Chapter One with the biggest smile on my face, seriously. This show is just the tits. Just seeing the opening credits again alone gave me such goosebumps. Will probably binge the whole thing over the next several hours, but a great start to the new season.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Started it, on ep 2 now, don't like the "room mate" set up (trying not to spoil things) hate that others don't know when they could

I'm sure it'll be great over all tho

It was the cow...

• I've spent the last 12 hours watching all the episodes and "Beyond Stranger Things' episodes, and my brain is totally fried! They really upped the ante this year and it was fucking amazing!
  • I watched it all last night. I could watch it again, it's amazing <3 <3 <3
    Lainy
    http://www.ahorrorfan.com
    "If only I had a moustache to twirl"
  • Made it 17 minutes in and went to bed, Idk how you guys do it

Lost my shit when Elegia started playing, so awesome
  • It’s a piece of shit, and the second season only proves that entirely.
    Who is this nostalgia for? The creators weren’t even born until 1984, so it’s not as though it resonates for them. It’s just a lame pastiche meant to cash in on someone’s dim nostalgia based on the movie’s views of the early 80s, not on reality.
    Sad. Another example of the underclothed emperor riding around through the streets.
  • ^ what a drag

Loved it overall. My only issue this season was Eleven's arc and the episode in Chicago. It just felt a little generic and I struggled to engage with it. Everything else was great though. Dustin stole the show among the kids, loved Hopper and Eleven's relationship, and particularly enjoyed Bob Newby. There's so much to praise.

That final scene killed me though. I cried man tears, ngl
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • I can definitely understand why people don't like it but it's just so well done. I have zero complaints.
  • WillowfangWillowfang SoCal
    edited October 2017
    Finished season 2, very nice, should make fans happy, but won't say any more for a bit, no spoilers and all that

Better when you can binge watch it, so things that take awhile to happen don't take like 1-2 months to wait for

It was the cow...

• @robertguilfoyle so.... you're telling me you have to be from a time period to feel nostalgia for it, as if the art and culture from that time can't convey a sense of time or place or be consumed in different decades.

I don't think you understand how influence, or filmmaking works

• Watching Beyond Stranger Things that comes after season too, it's pretty cool, they takes about how parts of the story and scenes came together

It was the cow...

• I re-watched season 1 on Friday, just as a refresher and thoroughly enjoyed it. Probably more so than the first time I watched it. Then Saturday was an all day binge-a-thon on season 2. Absolutely loved it. Other than a couple of minor continuity issues, it's a shame that all TV isn't made with so much love.
    The only slight negative if any (for me) was the penultimate episode, didn't really sit well and again (for me) was pretty unnecessary in the grander scheme.