He who walks behind the rows… in high-def!
Just announced, Arrow Video is bringing the 1984 iteration of Children of the Corn to Blu-ray here in the States on September 19th. The film, based on the short story by Stephen King, was directed by Fritz Kiersch, and it starred Linda Hamilton and Peter Horton as unsuspecting travelers who faced ultimate evil in the fictional town of Gatlin, Nebraska.
In Children of the Corn…
A young couple travelling cross-country find themselves stranded in the small town of Gatlin, where they meet a mysterious religious cult of children. With no adults in sight, the terror brews as the new arrivals find the secrets of the prospering corn fields and the children who inhabit them.
Led by the mysterious Isaac and the unhinged Malachi the blood-curdling secrets of the children of Gatlin are soon revealed to their new ‘outlander’ guests.
Special features both new and old will be packed into the Arrow Video release, which boasts a brand new 2K restoration from the original negative. Read on for the full rundown!
- Brand new audio commentary with John Sullivan of childrenofthecornmovie.com and horror journalist Justin Beahm
- Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn – retrospective piece featuring interviews with director Fritz Kiersch and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
- It Was the Eighties! – an interview with actress Linda Hamilton
- Return to Gatlin – brand new featurette revisiting the film’s original Iowa shooting locations
- Stephen King on a Shoestring – an interview with producer Donald Borchers
- Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn – an interview with production designer Craig Stearns and composer Jonathan Elias
- Feeling Blue – an interview with the actor who played “The Blue Man” in the fabled excised sequence
- Theatrical Trailer
Check out the newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin below.