Death used to be the end…
Six years after he directed The Return of the Living Dead, Dan O’Bannon (Alien) adapted the work of H.P. Lovecraft for 1991 gem The Resurrected. Based on Lovecraft’s “The Case of Charles Dexter Ward,” it was the late O’Bannon’s second and final film as a director, and it’s coming to Blu-ray via Scream Factory.
Detailed over on Facebook today, the Blu-ray will arrive on September 12.
In the film, starring Chris Sarandon, Jane Sibbett and John Terry…
“Since the beginning of time, man has struggled with death. Now Charles Dexter Ward, a wealthy scientist, may have found a way to beat it. Using an ancient diary and human remains, Ward begins a terrifying and bloody pursuit for immortality. By the time his wife Claire hires private investigator John March to halt the horrible experiments, it’s too late … the dead have been resurrected!”
Bonus features are as follows:
- NEW 2K transfer from the film’s vaulted interpositive film element
- NEW Claire’s Conundrum – an interview with actress Jane Sibbett
- NEW The Strange Case of Charles Dexter Ward – an interview with S.T. Joshi, author of I Am Providence: The Life and Times of H.P. Lovecraft
- Audio Commentary with producers Mark Borde and Kenneth Raich, screenwriter Brent V. Friedman, actor Richard Romanus and make-up effects artist Todd Masters
- The Resurrected Man – an interview with Chris Sarandon
- Abominations & Adaptations – an interview with screenwriter Brent Friedman
- Grotesque Melodies – an interview with composer Richard Band
- Lovecraftian Landscapes – an interview with production designer Brent Thomas
- Human Experiments – an interview with special effects artist Todd Masters
- Deleted and Extended Scenes from the workprint
- Home Video Trailer & Japanese Trailer
- Photo Gallery
Pre-order The Resurrected from Scream Factory to get it two weeks early.