First there was “Crystal Lake Memories”. Then there was “Never Sleep Again”. Now, we’re howling for the release of “Beware the Moon,” a book detailing the making of John Landis’ An American Werewolf in London.
From Paul Davis, the writer and director of the award-winning documentary Beware the Moon, and Dead Mouse Productions Ltd, who brought you “245 Trioxin: The Story of the Return of the Living Dead” and “You’re so Cool, Brewster! The Story of Fright Night,” comes “Beware the Moon: The Story of An American Werewolf in London!”
This new, two-hundred page, hardback book delves deeper into the memories and experiences of over 35 of the cast and crew including, John Landis, Rick Baker, David Naughton, Jenny Agutter, Griffin Dunne, John Woodvine, Frank Oz and many more.
When it comes to werewolf movies there is one movie that has transcended all others for the past 35 years. An American Werewolf in London stands like a colossus in the ‘full moon’ genre and continues to both tickle and terrify fans new and old across the globe. Not only did it revolutionise special make-up effects, this much loved cult classic movie spawned a multitude of horror flicks that shared its sense of fun set against a backdrop of blood and state of the art gory effects.
“Beware the Moon: The Story of An American Werewolf in London“ comprehensively details the journey of Director John Landis’ dream movie to the silver screen and the exotic events that served as inspiration for the seminal tale of lycanthropy.
It also features a plethora of behind the scenes photos, many of which have never been published until now and is the ultimate tribute to Director John Landis, Special Effects Wizard Rick Baker and all those who contributed to the movies success and 35 year legacy.
Pre-order the book here as it ships this coming August 2016.
The first print run is a COLLECTOR’S EDITION limited to 1,000 copies. Only the first 1,000 copies will be numbered and signed by the author.
Special Features of the book:
– Over 300 behind the scenes photos, many of which have NEVER been published before.
– Interviews with over 35 members of the original cast and crew. Including material from both the original BEWARE THE MOON documentary sessions and brand new commentary from the likes of John Landis and Rick Baker.
– Foreword by writer, director and producer Mick Garris.
– Exclusive cover art by Graham Humphreys.
– Commentary from Guillermo del Toro, Neil Marshall, Edgar Wright, Greg Nicotero, Tom Savini, Eli Roth, Wes Craven, and many more!
– A chat with cast and crew as to how AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON inspired the making of Michael Jackson’s THRILLER.
– An exploration into the basement of Bob Burns, his wonderful American Werewolf collection and the mind blowing restoration work carried out by Tom Spina.
– A look into the making of the 2009 Beware The Moon documentary.