The first day of Winter is fast approaching, on Friday, December 21st, and what better day to bundle up and take in a screening of John Carpenter’s The Thing? After all, the 1982 film is easily *the* essential “Winter horror movie,” and Bottleneck Gallery wants to help you kick off Winter by enjoying The Thing up on the big screen, in glorious 35mm!
Bottleneck just announced, “We’re teaming up with our amazing friends over at Vice Press, The Roxy Cinema, and Universal Studios to bring a 35mm screening of the science fiction horror classic–The Thing–to life, along with an exclusive print by Matthew Peak!”
Here are the details for the event and the poster release:
- Tickets are now available through the Roxy Hotel website, and cost $12 per ticket.
- The screening will be held at 7PM on Friday, December 21st, at The Roxy Hotel Theatre, located at 2 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY.
- Matthew Peak’s print will also be sold at the theatre from 6PM – 7PM the day of the screening. You DO NOT need to have a screening ticket in order to buy the print, and they will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All remaining prints will go on sale at a later date.
- Matthew’s screen print will be revealed at the event. There will be two glow in the dark versions (Regular edition of 225 for $65/ Variant edition of 125 for $75)
If you live anywhere near NYC, this is an absolute MUST this holiday season.