Connect with us

Movies

Shane Black’s ‘Predator’ Will Be a Sequel

Published

on

It was announced yesterday that Shane Black, the venerable screenwriter behind Lethal Weapon and writer-director of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3, will co-writing and directing a reboot of Predator for Twentieth Century Fox.

Collider quickly jumped on the case and was able to clarify that this Predator, also penned by Monster Squad‘s Fred Dekker, will actually be a sequel.

While the initial report said that Black’s new ‘Predator’ film would be a reboot, Black tells us that he and Dekker see the project as definitely not a reboot, “As far as Fred and I are concerned anyway,” Black said, adding “Why start over, when you’ve all this rich mythology yet to mine?” Black said he doesn’t like reboots generally, but can “really get behind inventive sequels”, noting that he likes “the idea of expanding and exploring the existing ‘Predator’ mythology, rather than hitting the restart button.” He went on to say that Dekker, who’s writing the screenplay, is “perfect” for the project, adding the two had a blast writing the screenplay for ‘The Monster Squad’ together.

Even if it’s a sequel I wouldn’t be shocked if FOX releases it under the title Predator or with a modern spin – The Predator.

CELEBRATE.

predator

Horror movie fanatic who co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. Producer on Southbound, V/H/S/2/3/94, SiREN, Under the Bed, and A Horrible Way to Die. Chicago-based. Horror, pizza and basketball connoisseur. Taco Bell daily. Franchise favs: Hellraiser, Child's Play, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Friday the 13th. Horror 365 days a year.

Movies

Marvel Studios Has Shut Down Pre-Production on ‘Blade’ Reboot

Published

on

Marvel's Rebooted 'Blade' Shoots This October for a November 3, 2023 Release! #SDCC

Just one week after it was announced that “True Detective” creator Nic Pizzolatto had been brought on board to work on the script, THR reports tonight that Marvel has shut down pre-production on next year’s Blade movie due to the ongoing WGA strike.

THR reports, “The feature project, which has already been paused once before, becomes the first tentpole movie impacted by the strike.”

“The studio will restart the production once the strike is over,” THR also notes.

You can learn more about the 2023 Writers Guild of America strike here.

The Yann Demange-directed Blade is currently set for theatrical release on September 6, 2024, and filming was to begin next month. That date, however, will likely change.

Marvel’s Blade reboot is part of the latest phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Oscar-winning actor Mahershala Ali is starring alongside Mia Goth (X, Pearl).

Michael Starrbury (When They See Us) wrote the most recent draft of the screenplay.

The vampire-slaying character was created by writer Marv Wolfman and artist Gene Colan, introduced in July 1973’s The Tomb of Dracula #10. Wesley Snipes played Blade across three films from 1998 through 2004, and he was played by Sticky Fingaz in a short-lived TV series.

Continue Reading