Coming on September 8th, Hex Publishers will be releasing its first horror anthology, Nightmares Unhinged. The 280-page book features 20 stories from award winning authors and will be available in print and e-book versions. Pre-orders are open and can be purchased through the official Hex Publishers website.
The synopsis for Nightmares Unhinged reads:
Nightmares come in many forms. Some rend the veil of sleep with heart-stopping madness. Others defy sanity to leave a helpless corner of your mind twitching for release. Sometimes, hours after waking, a nightmare drifts across your memory, tainting your day with wisps of discomfort. ‘Nightmares Unhinged’ reveals horror in all its mutable forms—abject to absurd—through twenty tales of terror.
We’ve scored an exclusive firsthand look at this upcoming anthology in the form of a 140-second trailer that features original music by Otto Cate.
Nightmares Unhinged features 20 tales of dark and twisted fiction written by a roster of award-winning and bestselling authors that reads like a who’s who of speculative fiction. Contributors include:
· Bestselling author Stephen Graham Jones;
· Hugo Award winner Jason Heller (Goosebumps);
· Colorado Book Award winner Warren Hammond;
· New York Times bestseller Keith Ferrell;
· Bram Stoker Award winner Steve Rasnic Tem;
· Nebula Award winner Edward Bryant;
· Bestselling author of the Felix Gomez Vampire Series, Mario Acevedo
· Bestselling author of The Anna Strong Vampire Chronicles, Jeanne C. Stein;
· New York Times bestseller Steve Alten, author of MEG, wrote the book’s foreword; and
· USA Best Book Award winner, Joshua Viola (author of Celldweller’s Blackstar and the multiple award-winning debut novel, The Bane of Yoto) is editing the book.
Nightmares Unhinged is dedicated to Bram Stoker Award-winning author Melanie Tem, who was scheduled to contribute a story to the anthology. Sadly, she passed away following a long battle with cancer before doing so. To honor her memory, a percentage of books sales will be donated to Rocky Mountain Cancer Assistance.