Straight out of the ongoing San Diego Comic-Con comes the trailer for the third season of “Stan Against Evil,” premiering October 31, 2018 on IFC.
The series stars John C. McGinley as the curmudgeonly retired police sheriff Stan Miller and Janet Varney as Evie Barrett, the current sheriff of Willard’s Mill determined to wipe out the demons that plague their quaint New England Town, along with a slate of all-new guest stars this year.
Currently in production in Atlanta, GA, the third season returns with eight all-new episodes.
New guest stars coming to Stan Against Evil Season 3 include:
- Scott Adsit (Big Hero 6, 30 Rock) as Bill, an apathetic demon-plumber who becomes intertwined with the Miller household.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite, Arrested Development) as Nurse Pickles, a stern, no-nonsense nurse who may not be as helpful as she seems.
- Matt Braunger (Agent Carter, Up All Night) as Dr. Barlow, an earnest, academic-type surgeon at the local hospital.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad, Neighbors) as Zach, a character in a popular fictional vampire show who makes a connection with Stan’s daughter Denise.
- Eddie Pepitone (Old School, The Muppets) as Lenny, a balding, middle-aged townie who, in a prior life, dressed up as a gorilla for local birthday parties.
Deborah Baker Jr. and Nate Mooney return to co-star as Denise Miller, Stan’s absent-minded, do-good daughter, and Deputy Leon Drinkwater, Evie’s right-hand man, respectively. David Koechner also returns to guest star as Kenny, Evie’s self-absorbed, oblivious ex-husband.
Season 3 picks up immediately after the events of the Season 2 finale, with Stan and Evie back in Willard’s Mill dealing with the consequences of Stan traveling through time to save his dead wife Claire. In doing so, he inadvertently opened a portal between the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead…allowing evil forces to truly take over the town and even some of its inhabitants. Although always the skeptic at first, Stan must work with Evie to once more save the town – even if it means making a literal deal with the devil.
Stan Against Evil is created, written and executive produced by Dana Gould, with Tom Lassally also serving as executive producer. RadicalMedia produces the series with Frank Scherma and Justin Wilkes executive producing. Star John C. McGinley also serves as a producer. Stan Against Evil Seasons 1 and 2 are available to watch on iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay and Xbox. Season 1 is available to stream on Hulu and will be joined by Season 2 in August.