As we recently learned, the pressing legal issues tied to the Friday the 13th franchise have put an indefinite stop to new DLC content for Friday the 13th: The Game, but that damn sure doesn’t mean we should start eulogizing the game. After all, it’s not going anywhere, and the team is still hard at work making it better and better.
Detailed by Gun Media today, a critical issues update is currently in the works…
“Hello everyone, there have been a lot of questions about where we stand with the state of the game right now, and whether we are going to continue updating the game (Spoiler: We are). Below you will find items that we intend to have fixed with the next update.
- The game ending while counselors are still in play
- Escaping via a vehicle counts as suicide
- Players loading in as a character different than the one they selected
- Counselors stuck to repair points after initiating/completing a repair
- Game crashing tied to the destruction of doors
- Players able to clip through a wall on the Pinehurst map
In this update we are prioritizing bugs that have a large impact on gameplay, though it is possible that some lower impact issues will be resolved due to a shared solution with critical issues, or as time allows.
Once we launch console dedicated servers, our resources will be able to focus exclusively on player facing issues. With no content being added, we should have fewer new issues arise, which will allow us to work solely on reducing the overall list of game impacting bugs.”