Just when you thought things couldn’t get any nuttier with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies, here’s another trailer to munch on. This one is for “Blood of the Dead”, which is one of the three Zombie experiences that will be available when Black Ops 4 launches October 20th.
“Blood of the Dead” has the classic Zombies heroes — Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai – on a journey to a secret laboratory beneath the iconic Alcatraz Penitentiary. Encountering a familiar enemy Hell-bent on imprisoning them for all eternity, the Primis crew quickly realize that the future predicted by the Kronorium – the future they sought to secure – is now in serious jeopardy.
Along with the “Blood of the Dead” trailer, Activision also announced the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Mystery Box Edition, which is a your typical Collector’s Edition of the game, and includes the following (cue your best Brad Pitt quote from Se7en):
- A copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – Black Ops is back! Featuring gritty, grounded Multiplayer combat, the biggest Zombies offering ever with three full undead adventures at launch, and Blackout, where the universe of Black Ops comes to life in a massive battle royale experience.
- Collectible Zombies Mystery Box – Inspired by the in-game Zombies Mystery Box, this collectible box features an eerie skeleton exterior along with frightening sounds and lighting.
- Zombies Heroes FiGPiNS – Get the exclusive set of our new Zombies Heroes FiGPiNs featuring Scarlett Rhodes, Bruno Delacroix, Diego Necalli, and Stanton Shaw from Call of Duty: Black Ops 4.
- 10th Anniversary Zombies Puzzle – This 1,000-piece puzzle features unique art celebrating 10 years of Treyarch Zombies history.
- Dark Horse Comics Zombies Issue #1 – This first issue of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Zombies Dark Horse Comic comes with an exclusive cover only for the Mystery Box Edition. The comic series will unveil details about our Zombies Heroes’ backstories.
- Zombies Lithographs – These three collectible lithographs commemorate Voyage of Despair, IX, and Blood of the Dead, three Zombies Experiences in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Popsocket – With its intimidating skull logo, this limited-edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 PopSocket is the perfect way to show off your Black Ops.
- Collectible SteelBook – Limited edition SteelBook game case featuring unique art.
- Limited Edition Specialist Icons – Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 reintroduces the fan-favorite Multiplayer Specialists, each with their own unique weapon, equipment, and icons. This set of collectible patches is inspired by each of the 10 Specialists’ in-game icons.
- Black Ops Pass – The Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Black Ops Pass includes Classified, a bonus Zombies experience, available at launch, four additional all-new Zombies experiences, 12 Multiplayer maps, and four exclusive Blackout characters.
- Additional bonus content
Now even though I’m not a CoD fan, I can’t say that I’m not intrigued by the amount of effort Activision is putting into the promoting of the Zombies mode. Then again, it also makes you wonder about the rest of the game. Oh well.