We never did get much in terms of details for that Mortal Kombat 11 reveal at The Game Awards 2018. Other than an awesome trailer with inappropriate music. Leave it to GameStop Italy to provide a few details, along with a few screenshots, including a shot of your pre-order character, Shao Khan.
According to the translated blurb:
“Mortal Kombat is back and better than ever in this new and fantastic evolution of the iconic title. Now you can customize the variants of your fighters down to the smallest detail, gaining unprecedented control over the aesthetics of the characters. The new graphics engine meticulously renders every crushed skull and torn heart, completely immersing the player in the action of the bloodiest scenes. In addition, the new list of fighters includes previously unseen characters, the Klassics of the series, and the protagonists of the amazing movies in the Story Mode of the epic saga that has continued for more than 25 years.”
- A new game engine with even bloodier scenes.
- A new personalization system with clothes, accessories, and move sets never before seen.
- New Fatalities and a new GoreTech system make the performances even more brutal.
- Strong multiplayer component, entirely oriented towards eSports, including personalization systems, daily news, constantly updated rewards, and improved matchmaking
Limited Edition Contents
- Steelbook case
- Kombat Pass: Six characters and six “Battlepass”
Mortal Kombat 11 hits PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on April 23, 2019.