Last year, the insanely complicated legal issues plaguing the entire Friday the 13th franchise claimed Gun Media’s Friday the 13th: The Game as a victim, ensuring that new content will probably never again be added to the game. But while the developers cannot currently add *anything* new into it, they can at least still fix bugs and maintain the game.
Just detailed today, a new patch will be going live tomorrow (January 30th), and it includes the following fixes and changes…
INTERACTION LOCK – The team has fixed various interaction lock issues, including:
- Stumbling while dropping an item
- Entering Combat Stance while swinging weapon
CONNECTIVITY AND CRASHES – Multiple connectivity/crash fixes including:
- Network Error after joining lobby in Quick Play
- “Need Updated Client” error
ENVIRONMENT AND COLLISION
- Falling Animation Loop – Fixed various areas where players enter a falling animation and cannot continue, including:
- Firewood Logs on Pinehurst Map
- Cardboard Box on Packanack Map
- Coffee Table in Jarvis House
- Counselor Catch – Fixed various spots that could snag the counselors and make them unable to move, including:
- Cemetery fence on the Crystal Lake map.
- Safe Spots – Fixed various safe spots where the counselors are unreachable once entered, including:
- The cemetery in Higgin’s Haven
- Parking the car inside the barn on Pinehurst
- Fixed an issue where an invisible collision would occur at the barn fence on Pinehurst, causing the car to shift vertically after restarting the car.
- Fixed an exploit where counselors could use the car as a barricade at Jason’s shack, affecting several maps.
- Fixed an issue where the counselors could control their directional axis while climbing through windows, allowing them to reach unplayable areas of the maps.
- Fixed an issue where counselors are able to reach the rooftop of the Pinehurst Halfway House by escaping Jason’s grab with a pocket knife.
- Fixed an issue disabling the “More Emotes” button.
- Fixed the Morph Cursor not showing on Xbox One.
BALANCING AND TUNING
Jason – Buffing Mother’s Special, Special Boy.
- Weapon Swing – Jason can now swing his equipped weapon to hit multiple targets at once. This will help Jason defend himself against bullies.
- Stun – It is no longer possible to Stun Jason while he is in Rage Mode unless using a shotgun or Pamela’s sweater.
- Rage Indicator will show on the minimap when Jason enters Rage Mode.
Counselors – They should have been watching him.
- Tommy Jarvis – Players who kill themselves cannot come back as Tommy Jarvis.
The patch goes live tomorrow, along with Double XP and Tapes.