If you haven’t played the demo, normally I would say sucks for you. But this is one of those games where the demo is such a brutal tease, you crave the game. You want it. You toss and turn at night dreaming of zombie outbreaks. You wake up in a cold sweat wondering, “was I dreaming?”
Left 4 Dead 2 features 4 new main characters, Coach, a high-school football coach, Rochelle, a news reporter for a local television station, Ellis, a mechanic, and Nick a gambler and conman. The new group of zombie killers will start their journey in Savannah, Georgia and end in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Head past the break for screens and excellent new game features. • Over 20 new weapons & items headlined by over 10 melee weapons – axe, chainsaw, frying pan, baseball bat – allow you to get up close with the zombies.
• New survivors. New story. New dialogue. Left 4 Dead 2 is a huge sequel that offers up new details of the zombie apocalypse and introduces four Survivors, each of whom has expansive dialogue and interesting background stories. The game leads these “Survivors” through the southeastern region of the US – from Savannah, Georgia thru the bayou country, and climaxing in New Orleans’ French Quarter.
• Five expansive campaigns for co-operative, Versus
and Survival game modes. In direct response to player feedback, L4D 2 will be a larger game than its predecessor, featuring:
1. Five co-op campaigns vs. four in the original
2. All five co-op campaigns playable in Versus mode at launch vs. two in L4D.
3. Survival mode included at launch vs. offered as DLC for L4D.
4. Plus an all-new multiplayer mode.
• An all new multiplayer mode. New multiplayer game mode tailored for competitive play.
You can check out a pretty sweet video on Xbox Live explaining some of the new multiplayer modes. A new multiplayer mode will be known as “Scavenge”. For instance in one, you have to find gas cans scattered about the level to fill up a generator. While you’re doing so, the other team acts as the special infected trying to stop you.
Left 4 Dead 2 comes out November 17th for the PC, and Xbox 360. If you go on Steam you can pre-order Left 4 Dead 2, and buy Left 4 Dead as a package and you save 15 dollars on the 2. You can get them both for $65.00 which is a great price considering the Xbox version will be $60.00 alone.
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - Remembering George A. Romero
In honor of the late George A. Romero we’re taking a look at the best of his lesser known films in a special episode of This Week in Horror.Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Wednesday, July 26, 2017