The Killing Floor map contest is over. And there are 4 new free maps that you can get. If you head past the break you can read all about them and check out new screenshots from them all. On top of all these free maps you can download there is also a Defense Alliance 2.
What is it? It is a Killing Floor mod. What’s it like? It’s team based, much like Team Fortress 2. You have 6 classes to choose from, you set up turrets, cannons, mini guns, etc, and 2 teams face off against each other. Try to complete objectives before the other team. If you head over to Steam you can watch the trailer for it now. It’s free if you have the full version of Killing Floor. Here is the top 3 winners.
• First Place – KF-Icebreaker by Damien Laurent and Yoann Guilloud wins the $10,000 grand prize. One of the most ambitious, creative, and visually stunning Killing Floor maps entered in the contest, Icebreaker is set on a large icebreaking ship that is pitching and rolling in the
middle of a fierce storm.
• Second Place – KF-Departed by Jeroen van
Wamelen and Jessy De Lannoit, wins an Nvidia 3D Vision bundle (22″ 120Hz Samsung LCD + 3D Vision glasses), plus a G19 keyboard, a G13 advanced gameboard and an MX518 optical gaming mouse, all from Logitech. Departed is a visually impressive level set in an industrial city area outside of London. Featuring hectic gameplay this map plays
as good as it looks.
• Third Place – KF-Crash by Michael Hewish and
Corey Sine wins a G19 keyboard, a G13 advanced gameboard and an MX518 optical gaming mouse, all from Logitech. Crash is an impressive remake of a classic custom map for the original Killing Floor mod. The map is set in an urban storage facility where your team’s helicopter has crashed.
Here is the full list of runners-up, along with their prizes:
• KF-Suburbia by Pail Peccia and Carson Smith – Logitech G15 keyboard
• KF-RaccoonInternationalAirportSP by James Lovegrove and Allan Scott – Logitech G15 keyboard
• KF-Chthon by Florian Liederbach – Logitech G13 keyboard
• KF-TheDarkestRoads by Justyn Toohill – Logitech MX518 optical gaming mouse
The maps can all be downloaded from ModDB’s Grindhouse webpages HERE
And here are the 4 official maps released
• KF-Icebreaker – Winner of the $10,000 grand prize in the mapping
competition and one of the most ambitious, creative, and visually
stunning Killing Floor maps ever made,
• KF-Departed – Winner of
second place in the final wave of the mapping competition, Departed is
a visually impressive level set in an industrial city area outside of
• KF-Crash – Winner of third place in the final wave of
the mapping competition, Crash is an impressive remake of a classic
custom map for the original Killing Floor mod.
– Winner of second place in Wave 1 of the mapping competition, Filth’s
Cross is both incredibly fun and intense.
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
More in News
Fans of WarSaw Games’ horror adventure game Dream Alone will now have another platform...
Before Uwe Boll ruined it for everyone, The House Of The Dead was a...
2018 is upon us, but that doesn’t mean all the awards for video games...
In what perhaps might finally be something on that long-awaited Resident Evil 2 remake,...