So far the Silent Hill games have largely been a lonely experience, a terrifying adventure for us to experience on our own. But if a recent interview in Italian OXM is any indication, this might soon change. Speaking with Xbox Magazine Ufficiale (the Italian OXM), Silent Hill: Downpour’s Art Director Radek Marek discussed multiplayer in the Silent Hill series. The interview has been translated by several gamers across the vast and knowledgeable interwebs, and the findings are rather exciting.
Before getting into what Marek said, remember, these translations could be a little off and there’s a good chance this isn’t the first time his words have been translated (first from Czech to Italian and finally to English, hopefully the latter wasn’t accomplished with Google Translator). Head past the break so we can talk about multiplayer in Silent Hill. One user on NeoGaf posted a translation of the important part of the interview, the same section that’s currently making its rounds about the internet. While discussing multiplayer in Silent Hill: Downpour, Radek Marek told OXM,
“At the moment there will be no multiplayer modes in Silent Hill: Downpour,” Marek said, “but Konami are investigating a separate chapter devoted entirely to the multiplayer. We do not know the details but it should be an XBLA title that most players have to survive in the town of Silent Hill.”
A multiplayer Silent Hill game on XBLA? Sign me up. Sure, it won’t be as scary when you’re fighting the bad guys with your friends but I’d definitely get behind a game like this. Plus, it might be enough to fill the void left in my heart by the long gone Outbreak series. Speaking of, this is just another exciting reveal by a foreign gaming magazine. The first was a possible Outbreak sequel tease in this month’s issue of French PSM (coming soon!) and the other was Prey 2’s reveal in another French magazine called Joystick.
What about you? Is a multiplayer Silent Hill game something you’d be interested in or will you be boycotting such blasphemy?
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - May 1, 2017 - The Mist, Hellboy, Michael...
The Mist has an extra gory new trailer, Hellboy is getting an R-rated reboot, and legendary actor Michael Parks passed away.Posted by Bloody-Disgusting on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Marvel Just Cast Tom Hardy as ‘VENOM’!
Netflix Series “The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance” Will Be a Prequel to the ’82 Classic!
Here’s Why We’ll Never See the Gruesome ‘Event Horizon’ Director’s Cut
New ‘Halloween’ Film Gets Early Piece of Promo Art
As Suspected, They’re Going to Remake ‘Resident Evil’