Connect with us


Ozzy Osbourne Injured In Home Fire

Metal’s very own Prince of Darkness Ozzy Osbourne was injured when a small fire broke out in his house. Apparently, a candle that wife Sharon Osbourne had left burning through the night exploded the glass vase it was in. Ozzy, who recently had surgery on his hand, tried to air the room while Sharon poured water on the flames. However, the fire was oil based, so the water simply spread the fire and Ozzy was injured during the spread, suffering singed hair and hurting his recently operated hand. Firefighters were called and put out the blaze without any issue.

Sharon described the entire ordeal on her show The Talk. You can read her description below.

“Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night.

“At five o’ clock in the morning, I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that’s what it sounded like, so I didn’t pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat’s closing up, [and] I thought, ‘Something’s weird smelling in here’.

“Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room (was on fire). The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding…

“My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he’s in a complete cast… He comes down and goes, ‘Oh, the fire, the fire!’ and tries to put it out with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted…

“Ozzy’s front of his hair from his ear down is gone! His eyebrows are gone… he’s got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges… Everything you are not meant to do – go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on – we did it all.”

Got any thoughts/questions/concerns for Jonathan Barkan? Shoot him a message on Twitter or on Bloody-Disgusting!



1 Comment

More in Music