It’s no secret that director John Carpenter is a fan of video games. He worked on F.E.A.R. 3 — alongside writer Steve Niles (30 Days of Night) — lending a hand to make it more cinematic (if not very scary). He’s even recently expressed interest in making a horror game himself.
Looking back, as we do this time of year, 2013 was a pretty great time to be a gamer. It may have been a wee bit underwhelming compared to previous years, but we still got great games like The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider, among others. If I had to predict what Carpenter’s favorite games of 2013 were, I would’ve only gotten one correct (#4). Some of his picks may surprise you. They certainly did me.
1. ASSASSIN’S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG – Classic ASSASSIN’S CREED gameplay, awesome world, fabulous game.
2. FAR CRY 3 – Magnificent open world adventure
3. THE LAST OF US – Great characters make this a classic
4. DEAD SPACE 3 – Scary snow world and twitching monsters – Please dismember
5. REMEMBER ME – Unique female leading character in futuristic action game
6. BORDERLANDS 2 – I know, I know, it’s from 2012, but the last add-on is this year and this is a brilliant, funny, action-blasted game! My favorite!
BD Mobile App
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - June 26, 2017 - The Evil Within 2, Jason...
The Evil Within 2 was shown at E3, Victor Miller is trying to get the rights back to Jason Voorhees, and Saw: Legacy has an official title! It's This Week in Horror with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Monday, June 26, 2017
R.L. Stine Talks ‘Goosebumps’ Book That Originally Went Too Far
Watching ‘Jaws’ On the Water is This Summer’s Coolest Experience
‘IT’: Don’t Expect to See Stephen King’s Controversial Sex Scene
Read Stephen King’s 1982 Review that Saved ‘The Evil Dead’
5 More Overlooked Indie Horror Films You Should Watch