It’s no secret that director John Carpenter is a fan of video games. He worked on F.E.A.R. 3 — alongside writer Steve Niles (30 Days of Night) — lending a hand to make it more cinematic (if not very scary). He’s even recently expressed interest in making a horror game himself.
Looking back, as we do this time of year, 2013 was a pretty great time to be a gamer. It may have been a wee bit underwhelming compared to previous years, but we still got great games like The Last of Us, BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider, among others. If I had to predict what Carpenter’s favorite games of 2013 were, I would’ve only gotten one correct (#4). Some of his picks may surprise you. They certainly did me.
1. ASSASSIN’S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG – Classic ASSASSIN’S CREED gameplay, awesome world, fabulous game.
2. FAR CRY 3 – Magnificent open world adventure
3. THE LAST OF US – Great characters make this a classic
4. DEAD SPACE 3 – Scary snow world and twitching monsters – Please dismember
5. REMEMBER ME – Unique female leading character in futuristic action game
6. BORDERLANDS 2 – I know, I know, it’s from 2012, but the last add-on is this year and this is a brilliant, funny, action-blasted game! My favorite!
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - October 9, 2017 - Cynthia, Halloween, As...
Bill Moseley and Sid Haig reunite for a new project, we’ve got an update on the new Halloween movie, and Bruce Campbell is making us very excited about Ash Vs Evil Dead season three!
More in News
This. Is. Awesome. Going through nearly the entire history of the horror genre, and...
Actor Owen Teague (“Bloodline”) is reuniting with It director Andy Muschetti for the upcoming Hulu...
It’s pretty awesome that we’ve reached point where superhero movie are now so free...
I’m a huge fan of Ciarán Foy, who I was first introduced to at...