Arrow Films is giving Brian De Palma’s absolutely shocking and fantastic Sisters a HD Blu-ray release in the UK on April 28, and we’ve got an exclusive sneak-peak inside.
For the first time ever on Blu-ray in the UK, the disc will feature brand new extras including interviews with cast and crew. You can take a look at one of the extras below, as well as the art and announcement.
Before 1973, Brian De Palma was impossible to pigeonhole: he made comedies, political satires and openly experimental pieces. But with Sisters (originally released as Blood Sisters in the UK) he turned to the suspense thriller and discovered his natural home – and a style that would lead directly to later masterpieces like Carrie, Dressed to Kill and Blow Out.
“When Danielle (Margot Kidder) meets potential boyfriend Philip (Lisle Wilson) after appearing on the TV show Peeping Toms (a nod to the Michael Powell shocker), she invites him home, only to attract the ire of her twin sister Dominique. From across the courtyard, Rear Window style, reporter Grace (Jennifer Salt) witnesses Philip being murdered by one of the twins – but the police find no body or any physical evidence. Naturally, Grace takes things into her own hands, and discovers more about the sisters’ relationship than she bargained for…”
Strongly influenced by Alfred Hitchcock and Roman Polanski, and with a score by the great Bernard Herrmann (Citizen Kane, Psycho), Sisters was the first true “Brian De Palma” film.
– Brand new High Definition digital transfer
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
– Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
– What the Devil Hath Joined Together: Brian De Palma’s Sisters – A visual essay by author Justin Humphreys (47 mins)
– All new interviews with co-writer Louisa Rose, actress Jennifer Salt, editor Paul Hirsch and production manager Jeffrey Hayes
– The De Palma Digest – a film-by-film guide to the director’s career by critic Mike Sutton
– Archive audio interview with star William Finley (excerpt)
– Gallery of Sisters promotional material from around the world
– Theatrical trailer
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
– Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author Kier-La Janisse (House of Psychotic Women), Brian De Palma’s original 1973 Village Voice essay on working with composer Bernard Herrmann as well as a contemporary interview with De Palma on making Sisters, and the 1966 Life magazine article that inspired the film, illustrated with original archive stills
AROUND THE WEB
Linda Hamilton is Back as Sarah Connor in ‘Terminator 6’!
Jamie Lee Curtis Playing Laurie Strode in Blumhouse’s ‘Halloween’!
Bill Skarsgård Reveals “Disturbing” Flashback Scene Cut from ‘IT’
The Classic Ghostface Mask Returns in Season 3 of MTV’s “Scream”!
Everything We Know About David Gordon Green’s ‘Halloween’
FEATURED SHORT FILM
House Mother (Short Film) - Written and Directed by Andrew Bowser
"House Mother" features Barbara Crampton's first time playing a MONSTER! Check out the short film by Andrew Browser right here!Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Thursday, September 21, 2017