A terrifying English legend returns when the Vestron Video Collector’s Series brings the British horror classic The Lair of the White Worm to limited-edition Blu-ray on January 31 from Lionsgate.
In a remote corner of England’s Peak District, a mysterious skull is unearthed, then quickly stolen for use in worshiping a pagan god, the White Worm. Based on the novel by Bram Stoker, and starring Hugh Grant, the restored and remastered The Lair of the White Worm Blu-ray has all-new special features, including an audio commentary with Director Ken Russell and Lisi Russell and an interview with actress Sammi Davis. Here’s an exclusive look at the latter…
Hugh Grant, Amanda Donohoe, and Catherine Oxenberg star in this mix of heart-stopping horror and campy humor. James D’Ampton (Grant) returns to his country castle in England. Legend has it that James’s distant ancestor once slayed the local dragon — a monstrous white worm with a fondness for the sweet flesh of virgins. The young lord dismisses the legend as folklore, until archaeology student Angus Flint explores James’s property and unearths a massive reptilian skull and a pagan snake god’s ancient site of worship. When James’s virtuous girlfriend, Eve Trent (Oxenberg), suddenly disappears, James and Angus set out to investigate the foreboding cavern said to be the worm’s lair, where a centuries-old mystery begins to uncoil.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- Audio Commentary with Director Ken Russell
- Audio Commentary with Lisi Russell, in conversation with Film Historian Matthew Melia
- “Worm Food: The Effects of The Lair of the White Worm” Featurette
- “Cutting For Ken” – An Interview with Editor Peter Davies
- “Mary, Mary” – An Interview with Actress Sammi Davis
- Trailers From Hell featuring an introduction and commentary with Producer Dan Ireland