A few months back it was announced that James Cameron’s groundbreaking classic Terminator 2: Judgment Day was getting a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release. That release was initially scheduled for October but had to be pushed back. We now have a new official and final release date and it’s just around the corner. Judgement Day will be making the 4K leap on December 26th!
It’s not all good news, however. If you’re hoping to snag the lifesize T-800 arm edition that is still being held off until a later date. Once more details are available on that special edition we will let you know. In the meantime, if you’re just eager to get your hands on one that film that has been dying for a 4K release then your wish will soon be granted. Few movies are as deserving of a 4K release as this one. December 26th can’t get here fast enough!
“Terminator 2: Judgment Day shattered the definition of action-filmmaking to become one of the most celebrated sequels of all time. Even in an age of anything-is-possible digital blockbuster filmmaking – with onscreen action often entirely fabricated and “unreal” – T2 remains a touchstone for both filmmakers and movie fans on the use of visual effects, fusing high-tech thrills with an emotional and compelling story.”
BLU-RAY / DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES
- *NEW* “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” 55 Minute Documentary Including Exclusive Interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and More
- 2 Feature Commentaries including 23 members of the cast and crew, including director James Cameron and co-author William Wisher
- “The Making of T2” 30 Minute Featurette
- Seamless Branching to View 3 Different Versions of the Movie
- 2 Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary