This year marks the 30th anniversary of Tim Burton’s Beetlejuice, and the doc Documentary for the Recently Deceased: The Making of Beetlejuice is in the works just in time for the celebration. Over on Kickstarter, a fundraising campaign has just been launched for the documentary, which is produced by Adam F. Goldberg (“The Goldbergs”)!
One round of interviews has already been completed (thanks to a recent Indiegogo campaign), and the new Kickstarter campaign is to raise the money to complete the documentary.
The film will cover all aspects of the Beetlejuice production: from filming in East Corinth, Vermont, to the stop motion and special effects work, as well as a series of exclusive interviews and rare behind the scenes archives acquired by director Fred China over the years.
What will you see in the documentary ?
- Interviews with cast and crew,
- Behind the scenes photos and videos,
- Rare production archives such as concept arts, blueprints…,
- Tour of East Corinth, Vermont,
- Interviews with people of East Corinth who were there for the filming,
- Meet fans that create great stuff about the movie,
- Meet Props Collectors,
- Meet Tom Spina, who worked on restoring the props, 30 years later [LINK],
- Meet Kyle Lambert, our poster designer.
The documentary will also feature never-before-seen archive footage, including stop-motion sequences digitized in 2K especially for the occasion.
Expect the doc in 2020 and head over to Kickstarter to pitch in!