Production has commenced in Atlanta, GA for IFC’s “Stan Against Evil”, with returning leads John C. McGinley (The Belko Experiment, Scrubs) as Stan Miller, the curmudgeonly retired police-sheriff, and Janet Varney (You’re The Worst) as Evie Barret, the current sheriff in Willard’s Mill determined to wipe out the demons that plague their quaint New England town. Stan Against Evil is created by Dana Gould (The Simpsons, Parks and Recreation) and produced by RadicalMedia (MARS, Abstract: The Art of Design). Season 2 of the horror-comedy series will premiere this fall on IFC with eight half-hour episodes.
Season 2 of the horror-comedy series will premiere this fall on IFC with eight half-hour episodes.
New guest stars coming to Stan Against Evil Season 2 include:
- Denise Boutte (Meet The Browns) as Lara Bouchard, a local who may know more about the town’s demonic creatures than she lets on.
- Jeffrey Combs (Re-Animator, Gotham) as the Impish Man, a Willard’s Mill newcomer who loves nothing more than a good bet.
- David Koechner (Anchorman) as Kenny, Evie’s incorrigible ex-husband who, to Evie’s dismay, creates a friendship with Stan.
- Steven Ogg (The Walking Dead) as Rusty, a cowboy from the past who takes a particular liking to Evie.
- Patty McCormack (The Bad Seed) as Priscilla, the knowledgeable owner of an antiques store.
The new season picks up where the Season 1 finale cliffhanger left off, with Sheriff Evie Barret (Varney) stranded in the year 1692, accused of being a witch and about to be burned at the stake. Despite his best attempts to never leave his couch, the disgruntled Stan Miller (McGinley) must begrudgingly solve the mystery of Evie’s time-travelling disappearance. Throughout the season, the unlikely team will continue to battle against the unconventional demons trying to take over their town, which continue to pop up in every size, shape, and animal form.
Deborah Baker Jr. (The Great Indoors) and Nate Mooney (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) also return to co-star as Denise Miller, Stan’s absent-minded, do-good daughter, and Deputy Leon Drinkwater, Evie’s right hand man, respectively.
Stan Against Evil is created, written and executive produced by Dana Gould, with Tom Lassally (Silicon Valley) also serving as executive producer. RadicalMedia produces the series with Frank Scherma and Justin Wilkes executive producing. Star John C. McGinley also serves as a producer.
Stan Against Evil Season 1 is available to watch on iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay and XBox.