We still don’t know if/when we’re ever going to get the long-promised Dead Island 2, but the video game franchise heads into the mobile arena with Dead Island: Survivors, which just launched worldwide today for iOS and Android!
Deep Silver’s Hamburg-based development studio Deep Silver FISHLABS announced today’s worldwide launch of Dead Island: Survivors, the zombie action brawler set in the Dead Island universe. Created specifically for iOS and Android-powered smartphones and tablets, Dead Island: Survivors is available for free on the App Store and Google Play.
Dead Island: Survivors offers action-packed gameplay mixing melee combat and trap-laying with tactical base building and card collecting. The game is set in a beautiful albeit zombie-plagued world in close vicinity to the island of Banoi. Crafted with true love for the genre, Dead Island: Survivors features a wealth of different heroes, zombies, weapons, traps, consumables, levels and missions. Fans of the previous Dead Island games will be delighted to discover all kinds of tie-ins, Easter eggs and references to the series as they play.
Key Features include:
- Action-packed gameplay mixing melee combat and trap laying
- Iconic heroes to face the zombies
- Base-building with cunning traps to fend off the hordes
- Survival challenges with your friends and allies
- Expansive, beautiful hand-crafted islands
- Heroes and zombies in the real world via the ARKit (iOS version only)
Check out the cinematic launch trailer below and start playing today!